- Benea Reach To Play Final Ever Show At Trondheim Metal FestPosted 27 mins ago
- Listen To Telepathy’s New Song ‘Cystine Knot’ With TerrorizerPosted 2 hours ago
- Stream Amputated’s New Album ‘Dissect, Molest, Ingest’ In FullPosted 3 hours ago
- YOB Sign To Neurot RecordsPosted 5 hours ago
- The Graviators Premiere New Video ‘Narrow Minded Bastards’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 5 hours ago
- Aenaon Premiere New Video ‘Der Müde Tod’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 7 hours ago
- 11 Paranoias To Play Gig In Bristolian CryptPosted 8 hours ago
- Lost Society Reveal New Song ‘Lethal Pleasure’Posted 1 day ago
- Iced Out and Old Skin Begin Their UK Tour TonightPosted 1 day ago
- Witchthroat Serpent Premiere New Song ‘The Next Black Moon’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
H A R K Premiere New Song ‘Palendromeda’ With Terrorizer
Welsh sludge titans H A R K have teamed up with Terrorizer for a premiere of ‘Palendromeda’, the opening track from their highly anticipated debut album ‘Crystalline’.
After the perennially underrated Taint parted ways back in 2010, guitarist and vocalist Jombob Isaac wasted no time at all in assembling a new power trio, acquiring the skills of bassist Nikolai Ribnikov and drummer Simon Bonwick to form H A R K. The band’s sound shares similarities with Taint, but also brings a whole new identity and atmosphere to the table. Marrying hefty, doom laden riffs to an almost classic rock sensibility, the three piece’s anthemic bombast is sure to delight anyone who digs the burly riff fests bandied about by the likes of Mastodon, Baroness or Red Fang.
Following hot on the heels of last year’s thunderous ‘Mythopoeia’ 7″, H A R K have just finished recording their Season Of Mist debut, entitled ‘Crystalline’. The album was recorded at Monnow Valley Studios in Wales (Black Sabbath, Rush, Judas Priest, Portishead), and was mixed by the extremely able hand of Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou (High On Fire, Kvelertak, Nails), so you can be sure this thing is going to sound like an absolute monster!
Regarding the recording of ‘Crystalline’, main man Jimbob Isaac stated:
“Fingers to the bone. That has been one of our mottos since H A R K’s inception, and it carried us through to the recording studio. Long days, little sleep and grim determination made this record the beast that we believe it to be. We pushed ourselves in all kinds of ways, and that commitment resonates throughout. We’re having fun biding our time, but there’s only so long you can keep a bull in its pen.”
‘Palendromeda’ is the album’s opening track, and sets the tone perfectly for the hard rocking, riff heavy voyage you’re about to undertake. You’ll have to wait until March to bask in the rest of ‘Crystalline’s rich, powerful grooves, but you can whet your appetite with the thunderous ‘Palendromeda’ below…
‘Crystalline’ is due to be released on March 17th 2014 via Season Of Mist.
You can find H A R K on Facebook.