- Win Tickets To See Finntroll In London This SaturdayPosted 1 hour ago
- At The Gates Reveal First New Song In 19 YearsPosted 2 hours ago
- Terrorizer #252: Swedish Death Metal Returns!Posted 7 days ago
- Gormathon Premiere New Video ‘Remember’ With TerrorizerPosted 7 days ago
- Gurt Announce UK Tour With Pist & Bong CauldronPosted 7 days ago
- Corrupt Moral Altar: Tour DiaryPosted 7 days ago
- Skullhog Reveal New ‘Risen To Bludgeon’ VideoPosted 1 week ago
- The Bridesmaid Premiere New Song ‘Ives’ With TerrorizerPosted 1 week ago
- The Rotted To Play Last Ever Show At Wrongstock TomorrowPosted 1 week ago
- Iron Reagan: Band Of The DayPosted 1 week ago
H A R K Premiere New Song ‘Palendromeda’ With Terrorizer
Welsh sludge titans H A R K have teamed up with Terrorizer for a premiere of ‘Palendromeda’, the opening track from their highly anticipated debut album ‘Crystalline’.
After the perennially underrated Taint parted ways back in 2010, guitarist and vocalist Jombob Isaac wasted no time at all in assembling a new power trio, acquiring the skills of bassist Nikolai Ribnikov and drummer Simon Bonwick to form H A R K. The band’s sound shares similarities with Taint, but also brings a whole new identity and atmosphere to the table. Marrying hefty, doom laden riffs to an almost classic rock sensibility, the three piece’s anthemic bombast is sure to delight anyone who digs the burly riff fests bandied about by the likes of Mastodon, Baroness or Red Fang.
Following hot on the heels of last year’s thunderous ‘Mythopoeia’ 7″, H A R K have just finished recording their Season Of Mist debut, entitled ‘Crystalline’. The album was recorded at Monnow Valley Studios in Wales (Black Sabbath, Rush, Judas Priest, Portishead), and was mixed by the extremely able hand of Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou (High On Fire, Kvelertak, Nails), so you can be sure this thing is going to sound like an absolute monster!
Regarding the recording of ‘Crystalline’, main man Jimbob Isaac stated:
“Fingers to the bone. That has been one of our mottos since H A R K’s inception, and it carried us through to the recording studio. Long days, little sleep and grim determination made this record the beast that we believe it to be. We pushed ourselves in all kinds of ways, and that commitment resonates throughout. We’re having fun biding our time, but there’s only so long you can keep a bull in its pen.”
‘Palendromeda’ is the album’s opening track, and sets the tone perfectly for the hard rocking, riff heavy voyage you’re about to undertake. You’ll have to wait until March to bask in the rest of ‘Crystalline’s rich, powerful grooves, but you can whet your appetite with the thunderous ‘Palendromeda’ below…
‘Crystalline’ is due to be released on March 17th 2014 via Season Of Mist.
You can find H A R K on Facebook.