- Listen To A Brand New Archgoat Song Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 14 hours ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 2Posted 22 hours ago
- Lotus Thief: Band Of The DayPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 1Posted 3 days ago
- Blind Guardian Discuss Upcoming 70000 Tons Of Metal PerformancePosted 1 week ago
- VON release “The Culling” single and lyric videoPosted 1 week ago
- Gurt To Release ‘Redwin’ EP On Vinyl This JanuaryPosted 1 week ago
- Suffering Mind, Swinelord, Kru$h & More Added To Chimpyfest 2015Posted 1 week ago
- Godflesh Begin UK Tour TomorrowPosted 1 week ago
- Stream Nihill’s New Album ‘Verderf’ In FullPosted 3 weeks ago
L’Hiver en Deuil Stream New Song With Terrorizer
Belgian’s depressive black metal behemoths L’Hiver en Deuil have teamed up with Terrorizer to stream the song ‘As’, from their debut EP ‘Ter Aarde.’
The quintet specialise in melancholy, introspective black metal, but infuse it with a dirtier, old school vibe to create quite a unique sound indeed. Imagine Colloquial Sound Recordings favourites Aksumite covering some of Xasthur’s more belligerent material, and you’ll have a vague idea of what we’re dealing with here. ‘Ter Aarde’, their debut EP, contains a rich collection of sumptuously dark and endearingly alienating black metal hymns, that should instantly ensnare any fans of the genre.
The band themselves had this to say about the recording process behind ‘Ter Aarde':
We were able to compose songs with our hearts and souls, and as time passed, we felt the need to release them before moving to the next level. We soon got in touch with Phorgath (Enthroned, Emptiness), feeling that his extensive experience in producing dark and unholy music would make him a perfect ally. His Blackout Multimedia studio (Enthroned, Emptiness, Cult of Erinyes, Goat Torment) turned out to be the best place to record five of our rituals. Thus, we entered the studio in February/March’13 to record our debut EP.
You can stream ‘As’ below…
You can find L’Hiver en Deuil on Facebook.