- Listen to new track by Baptism ‘Buried With Him’
- Only Seven Weeks Until Bloodstock 2016!
- Listen to new track by Caina ‘Fumes of God’
- Listen to the new Conjurer album ‘I’
- Cult of Luna and Julie Christmas to play ‘Mariner’ at Damnation 2016
- Listen to the new LLNN album ‘Loss’
- Listen to the new Sarabante album ‘Poisonous Legacy’
- Imperium Dekadenz release lyric video for ‘Only Fragments Of Light’
- Bloodstock’s First M2TM Finals Winners Announced
- Terrorizer 271 – Katatonia
L’Hiver en Deuil Premiere New Video ‘Fatum’ With Terrorizer
Belgian’s depressive black metal behemoths L’Hiver en Deuil have teamed up with Terrorizer to premiere their new video ‘Fatum’, from their debut EP ‘Ter Aarde.’
The quintet specialise in melancholy, introspective black metal, but infuse it with a dirtier, old school vibe to create quite a unique sound indeed. ‘Ter Aarde’, their debut EP, contains a rich collection of sumptuously dark and endearingly alienating black metal hymns, that should instantly ensnare any fans of the genre.
The band themselves had this to say about the new video:
“We already had the idea for a video clip during the recording sessions for “Ter Aarde”, but we discarded it as being too ambitious at the time. Towards the end of 2013, we got in touch with Max Sterno, a young guy interested in producing videos for bands, with already some experience in the field. That’s what got us started on this project.
“It had to be ‘Fatum’ as we consider it one of our best songs, and the lyrics tell a story that can easily be put into picture. Although a simple storyline about loss and mourning, it would allow us to express the essence of our music in a visual way – joining image, sound, and words – which is very important for us.
“Despite our mostly black metal sound, we drew many elements from the post-rock aesthetics for this clip, so the result lies somewhere in between. Most of the shooting was done in the nature surrounding our rehearsal place, so instead of fancy over-the-top effects, the clip is filled with sobriety and honest emotion.”
Check it out below…
You can find L’Hiver en Deuil on Facebook.