- Deicide Premiere New Video For ‘End The Wrath Of God’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 4 hours ago
- Heaven’s Cry Premiere New Concert Video ‘Imminent Rebirth’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 5 hours ago
- Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slayer & Many More Confirmed For Hellfest 2014Posted 7 hours ago
- Win Tickets To See Earthmass In LondonPosted 9 hours ago
- Corrupt Moral Altar Kick Off Short UK Tour TodayPosted 10 hours ago
- Stream Craving’s New Album ‘At Dawn’ In Full With TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Gama Bomb Announce UK TourPosted 1 day ago
- Psychocalypse: Band Of The DayPosted 1 day ago
- Clutch Confirmed As Final Temples Fest HeadlinerPosted 1 day ago
- Win Tickets To See Watain On Their UK TourPosted 1 day ago
Out NOW, Terrorizer’s Secret History of Thrash Metal tells the story of how Venom, Hellhammer and a Danish tennis player helped bring about a whole new genre of heavy-as-fuck, fast-as-lightning, ballsy rock ‘n’ roll.
With a collection of features to have you dribbling radioactive drool, we lead you on a denim-clad journey through the beginning of thrash itself with Venom, look at the role of the Big 4 of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax and Germany’s own ass-kicking Big 3 of Sodom, Destruction and Kreator, as well as the gnarled beast that is black thrash metal. Plus, we take a brief sojurn to the wacky side, lifting the lid on Satan’s trampolines, ridiculous covers, Bermuda shorts and why thrash wasn’t always Armageddon and war. We get symbolic with DRI, COC, SSS and other three-letter bands that took punk and force-fed it speed, and we also look forward and tell you how thrash lives on with a new breed bringing the noise.
With metal-thrashing memoirs from Venom, Sabbat, Kreator, Max Cavalera, Metallica, Death Angel, Acid Reign, Nuclear Assault, Sepultura, Anthrax, S.O.D., Slayer, Overkill, Testament and more, we round things off with a genre-defining label-round-up, 20 defining moments, a look at the art of thrash, the definitive A-Z of thrash and our list of ultimate thrash albums. There’s a megatonne and-a-half of fantastic reading matter here to feast your eyes on!