- Electric Wizard In L.A.: Live Review
- Paradise Lost release lyric video for ‘No Hope in Sight’
- Shape of Despair stream new track ‘Monotony Fields’
- Stream Crom Dubh’s New Album ‘Heimweh’ In Full
- See the Funeral Pact video for ‘Spirit Walker’
- Stream Dead Existence’s New Album Ahead Of Tomorrow’s UK Tour
- Electric Wizard at Metro Chicago 7 April 2015
- All Tomorrows Premiere ‘Eidien’ on Terrorizer.com
- Opium Lord Announce UK Tour This May
- Listen to the new Akhlys album ‘The Dreaming I’
Out NOW, Terrorizer’s Secret History of Thrash Metal tells the story of how Venom, Hellhammer and a Danish tennis player helped bring about a whole new genre of heavy-as-fuck, fast-as-lightning, ballsy rock ‘n’ roll.
With a collection of features to have you dribbling radioactive drool, we lead you on a denim-clad journey through the beginning of thrash itself with Venom, look at the role of the Big 4 of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax and Germany’s own ass-kicking Big 3 of Sodom, Destruction and Kreator, as well as the gnarled beast that is black thrash metal. Plus, we take a brief sojurn to the wacky side, lifting the lid on Satan’s trampolines, ridiculous covers, Bermuda shorts and why thrash wasn’t always Armageddon and war. We get symbolic with DRI, COC, SSS and other three-letter bands that took punk and force-fed it speed, and we also look forward and tell you how thrash lives on with a new breed bringing the noise.
With metal-thrashing memoirs from Venom, Sabbat, Kreator, Max Cavalera, Metallica, Death Angel, Acid Reign, Nuclear Assault, Sepultura, Anthrax, S.O.D., Slayer, Overkill, Testament and more, we round things off with a genre-defining label-round-up, 20 defining moments, a look at the art of thrash, the definitive A-Z of thrash and our list of ultimate thrash albums. There’s a megatonne and-a-half of fantastic reading matter here to feast your eyes on!