- Opeth Announce Special Wembley Arena Gig and Setlist
- Listen to new track by Hierophant ‘Mass Grave’
- Watch video for new track by Unfathomable Ruination ‘Pestilential Affinity’
- Watch video for ‘Bad Wolf’ by Maya
- Listen to new Ancient track ‘Death Will Die’
- Listen to new track from Wormrot ‘Fallen Into Disuse’
- Sabaton speak about the lyrical inspirations behind ‘The Last Stand’
- Listen to new album by Servers ‘Everything is OK’ in full
- Listen to the new EP from Far From History EP ‘Gallows Hill’
- Listen to new track ‘Källan’ by Grift from the Drudkh & Grift split LP
Terrorizer 244 – 2013 end of year polls and what’s happening in 2014
We also look back at what ruled in 2013, with our experts delivering their verdicts with the Critics’ Poll, and you – our passionate readers – telling us what kicked ass this year (and what sucked, for good measure) in the Readers’ Poll. Who were the best bands? The best records? The best festivals? The bold new acts? The abominable puddles of effluent you wish you could flush? It’s all revealed here.
We talk to Jon Schaffer and Stu Block from ICED EARTH about why heavy metal is much smarter than people think, and why there’s more to their imagery than just zombie horror. We talk to the Nameless Ghouls of GHOST B.C. about their amazing year, and YEAR OF NO LIGHT explain why total creative freedom can also present surprising challenges.
We put Sakis Tolis from ROTTING CHRIST and Alan Averill from TWILIGHT OF THE GODS and PRIMORDIAL to the test with our Hard Of Hearing, and discover what band one of them would rather pull his fingernails out than listen to. KATATONIA’S Jonas Renkse tells us his favourite songs, KRISIUN reveal the challenges they faced getting anyone to care back when Sepultura was the only Brazilian band the music industry cared about, and HELLFEST reveal how they managed to book… well, everyone, basically.
If that’s still not enough to get you excited, this month’s issue also includes:
THE WOUNDED KINGS
LEGION OF THE DAMNED
LAKE OF BLOOD
To get your hands on a real life, physical copy, click here. Go right to the bottom of the page and “Add to Cart” to buy a single copy of issue 244, or use the PayPal button below to subscribe using our new three-issue subscription and save a bunch of money. (If you do this before 28 November 2013 you will get a copy of issue 244 as part of your subscription).
Why subscribe? Look at the cost of a single copy, and look at the cost of our three issue subscription. There’s not a lot in it, is there?
Subscribing using the PayPal button below will set up a quarterly subscription which will be charged automatically every 12 weeks. You can stop this after checkout or at any other time. Subscribing this way saves both you and Terrorizer money. Owing to the short period of the subscription there is no gift entitlement.