- Knifedoutofexistence: Band Of The DayPosted 13 hours ago
- Hellfest Announce First Group Of Bands For 2015Posted 16 hours ago
- Win Tickets To See Deicide In London This DecemberPosted 18 hours ago
- Fed To The Boars: Band Of The DayPosted 2 days ago
- Voices Release New Video For ‘The Fuck Trance’Posted 2 days ago
- Cult Of Occult Announce UK Tour With Grey WidowPosted 2 days ago
- Atomçk Announce UK Tour With Fetus ChristPosted 2 days ago
- Foetal Juice Premiere New Video ‘Albert Grindstein’ With TerrorizerPosted 5 days ago
- Stream Dune’s New EP ‘Aurora Majesty’Posted 5 days ago
- Download Iron Eagle’s ‘On The Attack’ EP For FreePosted 7 days ago
Vallenfyre Premiere New Song ‘Scabs’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
Crusty death metal supergroup Vallenfyre have teamed up with Terrorizer for an exclusive premiere of their brand new song ‘Scabs’, the first single to be taken from their forthcoming second album ‘Splinters’.
Vallenfyre was formed by long-serving Paradise Lost guitarist Gregor Mackintosh in 2010, who assembled My Dying Bride guitarist Hamish Glencross, Doom / Extinction Of Mankind bassist Scoot and At The Gates drummer Adrian Erlandsson with the intent of making some of the darkest, crustiest and nastiest death metal they could muster. Of course, given some of the individuals involved, it’s hardly surprising that their sound comes with a healthy dollop of doom too…
Following a limited 7″ release in 2011, the band quickly got to work on their debut album ‘A Fragile King’, which was released the same year to rapturous acclaim. Vallenfyre have recently finished recording their second album ‘Splinters’ at GodCity Studio with Converge guitarist and producer extraordinaire Kurt Ballou.
Gregor Mackintosh comments:
“Vallenfyre was something I felt utterly compelled to do. It was almost like I didn’t have a choice. I was told by a bereavement counselor that I should write down and vocalize my feelings. I did just that and then everything just seemed to take a natural course.
“We were very pleased with our debut album as a dirty mix of all our earliest death, doom and crust influences. On the follow-up, we want to take this much further and develop our own niche. It will be a stench-ridden, grim, face-melter that will separate the men from the boys.”
‘Scabs’ is an absolute monster of a tune, with Ballou’s crispy, beefy production job elevating the band’s already delicious guitar tone to the next level. Check it out below…
‘Splinters’ is due to be released on May 12th via Century Media Records.
You can find Vallenfyre on Facebook.