- Northern Oak’s ‘Of Roots And Flesh’: Album Review & StreamPosted 56 mins ago
- Undergang, Burial & Qrixkuor To Play Free Halloween Show In LondonPosted 2 hours ago
- Win Tickets To See Finntroll In London This SaturdayPosted 4 hours ago
- At The Gates Reveal First New Song In 19 YearsPosted 5 hours ago
- Terrorizer #252: Swedish Death Metal Returns!Posted 7 days ago
- Gormathon Premiere New Video ‘Remember’ With TerrorizerPosted 1 week ago
- Gurt Announce UK Tour With Pist & Bong CauldronPosted 1 week ago
- Corrupt Moral Altar: Tour DiaryPosted 1 week ago
- Skullhog Reveal New ‘Risen To Bludgeon’ VideoPosted 1 week ago
- The Bridesmaid Premiere New Song ‘Ives’ With TerrorizerPosted 1 week ago
Tormented ‘Death Awaits’ album review and stream
Tormented’s ‘Death Awaits’ is given the once-over by Dan Burton in Terrorizer 234.
So authentic sounding is Tormented’s brand of Swedish death metal that you could almost swear that it was a newly unearthed recording from the early ’90s that someone had found down the back of a sofa in Sunlight Studios.
‘I.O.T.D’ follows the left hand path of early Entombed, with its heavy BOSS HM-2 drenched riffs and howled vocals of Andreas Axelson. ‘Into The Crypts of Death’ evokes Celtic Frost in more than name alone, even opening up with a Tom G Warrior style death grunt.
[3/5] DAN BURTON
You can get ‘Death Awaits’ from Listenable here.