- Gary Numan ‘Replicas’ at The Metro Chicago, Sunday 15 May 2016
- Withered full album premiere of ‘Grief Relic’
- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
- Photoset: Hatebreed with DevilDriver on ‘The Concrete Confessional Tour’
- ‘Dusk and her Embrace… the Original Sin’ by Cradle of Filth to be released
- A Freezing Breath of Summer: Eight Slabs of Icelandic Metal
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Bathory art
- Watch the video for Haast’s Eagled’s ‘Pyaaz Bhonghi’
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Slayer art
- Mars Red Sky, Boss Keloid & More Play Manchester’s Riff Conspiracy On Sunday
Tormented ‘Death Awaits’ album review and stream
Tormented’s ‘Death Awaits’ is given the once-over by Dan Burton in Terrorizer 234.
So authentic sounding is Tormented’s brand of Swedish death metal that you could almost swear that it was a newly unearthed recording from the early ’90s that someone had found down the back of a sofa in Sunlight Studios.
‘I.O.T.D’ follows the left hand path of early Entombed, with its heavy BOSS HM-2 drenched riffs and howled vocals of Andreas Axelson. ‘Into The Crypts of Death’ evokes Celtic Frost in more than name alone, even opening up with a Tom G Warrior style death grunt.
[3/5] DAN BURTON
You can get ‘Death Awaits’ from Listenable here.