- José’s Roadburn Band of the Week: Coltsblood
- Listen To A Brand New Wino & Conny Ochs Song
- Coltsblood & Ninkharsag Begin UK Tour Tomorrow
- Nomad & Wort Announce Split And UK Tour
- Kings Destroy Unveil New Song ‘W2′
- See the new Cavalera Conspiracy lyric video for ‘Not Losing the Edge’
- Primitive Man Announce UK Tour With Sea Bastard
- Electric Wizard announce London Roundhouse show and support!
- José’s Roadburn Band Of The Week: Urfaust
- Throw the Goat premiere ‘Blood Sweat & Beers’ video
Stream Liber Necris’ New EP ‘Negative Creator’ With Terrorizer
Leeds’ very own blackened death metal monsters Liber Necris have recently put the finishing touches to their new EP ‘Negative Creator’, and you can hear the whole thing right here, exclusively with Terrorizer…
After forming back in 2010, the quintet caught the attention of many with their razor sharp brand of death metal, and recorded their first EP at Hertz Studio in Poland (Behemoth, Decapitated, Hate). Since then they’ve switched singers and local boy Simon Wright (Evisorax, Canaya, Krokodil) has stepped in to add his harrowing vocal style to the Liber Necris sound, which has recently broadened to include a host of influences from the more black metal tinged end of the metal spectrum.
Their latest EP ‘Negative Creator’ was recorded by Rob Hobson at Silent City and features four punishing new songs that find the band on the top of their game. The EP is due to be released by Venn Records next week, who are evidently chuffed with the news as label head Laurent Barnard comments:
“In a scene where so many bands fail to stand out Liber Necris have the ability to create songs that are both memorable and also somewhat nostalgic. I remember being in the studio working on the Krokodil album and Simon playing me some songs. It reminded me of being a teenager listening to Obituary and Cannibal Corpse but this was instantly better. Liber Necris have a real black metal feel to it but way more intense. They represent everything I love about extreme music.”
Check it out below…
You can find Liber Necris on Facebook.