- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
- Photoset: Hatebreed with DevilDriver on ‘The Concrete Confessional Tour’
- ‘Dusk and her Embrace… the Original Sin’ by Cradle of Filth to be released
- A Freezing Breath of Summer: Eight Slabs of Icelandic Metal
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Bathory art
- Watch the video for Haast’s Eagled’s ‘Pyaaz Bhonghi’
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Slayer art
- Mars Red Sky, Boss Keloid & More Play Manchester’s Riff Conspiracy On Sunday
- Song Premiere: ‘Home’ by Canadian post-black metal outfit Numenorean
- Seven Hundredth Unicorn Release Video for ‘Hollow’
Stream Kuolemanlaakso’s New Album ‘Tulijoutsen’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
Morose Finnish doom quintet Kuolemanlaakso have teamed up with Terrorizer for an exclusive stream of their upcoming second album, the forlorn ‘Tulijoutsen’.
The quintet made quite an impression with their debut ‘Uljas uusi maailma’ back in 2012, and last year’s ‘Musta aurinko nousee’ EP did much to endear the band to fans of mournful, melodic doom à la Paradise Lost or Swallow The Sun (which is hardly surprising, given that the band share the same vocalist with the latter in Mikko Kotamäki).
‘Tulijoutsen’, however, is easily the band’s most ambitious material to date. Produced once again by Triptykon guitarist V. Santura, the 50-minute magnum opus was inspired by the grandeur of the Finnish forests, serene eeriness of the lakes and early 1900s poetry and folklore. Whilst their debut was almost entirely written by guitarist-keyboardist Laakso, ‘Tulijoutsen’ is much more of a band effort and sounds all the better for it.
Check it out below…
‘Tulijoutsen’ is due to be released on February 28th via Svart Records.
You can find Kuolemanlaakso on Facebook.