- Withered full album premiere of ‘Grief Relic’
- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
- Photoset: Hatebreed with DevilDriver on ‘The Concrete Confessional Tour’
- ‘Dusk and her Embrace… the Original Sin’ by Cradle of Filth to be released
- A Freezing Breath of Summer: Eight Slabs of Icelandic Metal
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Bathory art
- Watch the video for Haast’s Eagled’s ‘Pyaaz Bhonghi’
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Slayer art
- Mars Red Sky, Boss Keloid & More Play Manchester’s Riff Conspiracy On Sunday
- Song Premiere: ‘Home’ by Canadian post-black metal outfit Numenorean
Pine Barrens stream debut album ‘Kingmaker’ with Terrorizer
Black metal infused crust outfit Pine Barrens are streaming their debut album ‘Kingmaker’ exclusively with Terrorizer.
The Mancunian quartet are no strangers to the scene, featuring current/ex-members of Beecher, Atavist, Extinction Of Mankind, The Ergon Carousel, Hammers and Knife Crimes, to name but a few. ‘Kingmaker’ picks up where their 2010 demo left off and delivers a nihilistic mix of black metal, crust, hardcore and grind, proving that you don’t have to be on Southern Lord to fuse genres and create an album that surprises, without sacrificing intensity or integrity.
‘Kingmaker’ was recorded and mixed by Jason Sanderson (Send More Paramedics, Rolo Tomassi, The Ergon Carousel) and mastered at AudioSiege by Brad Boatright (Sleep, Nails, Sunn O))), Tragedy) with Steve Larder handling the artwork.
The album is set for co-release between five labels, Super-Fi/Art For Blind/Parade Of Spectres/Slow Riot/Moshtache, and will be issued as a gatefold 12″ LP, limited to 500 copies. But you can stream it here in full, a whole week ahead of it’s physical release.
Check out Pine Barrens on Facebook.