- José’s Roadburn Band of the Week: Coltsblood
- Listen To A Brand New Wino & Conny Ochs Song
- Coltsblood & Ninkharsag Begin UK Tour Tomorrow
- Nomad & Wort Announce Split And UK Tour
- Kings Destroy Unveil New Song ‘W2′
- See the new Cavalera Conspiracy lyric video for ‘Not Losing the Edge’
- Primitive Man Announce UK Tour With Sea Bastard
- Electric Wizard announce London Roundhouse show and support!
- José’s Roadburn Band Of The Week: Urfaust
- Throw the Goat premiere ‘Blood Sweat & Beers’ video
Morbus Chron Premiere New Song ‘It Stretches In The Hollow’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
Swedish death metal mavericks Morbus Chron have teamed up with Terrorizer for an exclusive premiere of ‘It Stretches In The Hollow’, the first macabre offering from their highly anticipated new album ‘Sweven’.
After releasing their gruesome debut ‘Sleepers In the Rift’ back in 2011, Morbus Chron found themselves on the tongues of every self-respecting old school death metal fan, and with good reason. Whilst heavily influenced by the likes of Autopsy, Entombed and Demilich, Morbus Chron were able to let their own unique identity shine through, and the album was treated as a breath of gloriously fetid air by the death metal community.
The band made their Century Media debut in 2012 with the manic, latter era Death inspired ‘A Saunter Through The Shroud’, leaving many metal heads wondering where these unpredictable characters would go next.
The answer is this year’s ‘Sweven’. Featuring a wonderfully organic sounding production courtesy of Dismember’s Fred Estby, the record is going to send shockwaves through the death metal world when it drops in February. The old school death metal influence is still there, but the record also finds the band embracing their more progressive tendencies à la Atheist or ‘Focus’ era Cynic, resulting in a highly ambitious album that should surprise and delight metal fans across the board.
Get your first taste of ‘It Stretches In The Hollow’ below…
‘Sweven’ will be released as a standard CD Jewelcase with 24-page booklet, as a deluxe LP with 180 g vinyl, matte-laminated cover and 12-page booklet in LP size, which, quite frankly, looks bloody marvellous. Just take a look…
You can find Morbus Chron on Facebook.