- Rob Halford: I am the only gay in the village!Posted 17 hours ago
- Ahab, Sólstafir, H A R K & Bast Confirmed For Damnation 2014Posted 1 day ago
- Stream ACxDC’s New Album ‘Antichrist Demoncore’ In Full With TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Sólstafir premiere new song ‘Lágnætti’ from their forthcoming album ÓttaPosted 2 days ago
- The Soft Pink Truth: Metal Intros and Outros MixPosted 3 days ago
- Chimpyfest Preview: Winds Of GenocidePosted 3 days ago
- Russian melodic metallers Deva Obida stream their single Varaka with TerrorizerPosted 6 days ago
- Terrorizer 250: Judas PriestPosted 6 days ago
- The Afternoon Gentlemen Begin UK Tour This FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Water Torture Release Tour TrailerPosted 1 week ago
Massacre Premiere New Song ‘As We Wait To Die’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
Floridian death metal legends Massacre have teamed up with Terrorizer for an exclusive listen of their new song ‘As We Wait To Die’, taken from the band’s highly anticipated comeback album ‘Back From Beyond’.
Massacre one of those bands that don’t really need an introduction, but here’s a quick one anyway. The band’s ’91 classic ‘From Beyond’ is often hailed as one of the Florida death metal scene’s most pivotal works, and original vocalist Kam Lee is credited by some as one of the originators of the death growl itself, which he was belching out all the way back in 1986 on the band’s ‘Aggressive Tyrant’ demo.
It would be another 5 years until the follow-up, the somewhat poorly received ‘Promise’, was released and the band unfortunately called it a day afterwards. There have been a handful of reunion attempts in the years following, but now, almost 20 years since their last record, Massacre are back in action with a new album that should finally fulfil the demands of those hardcore fans longing for a true successor to ‘From Beyond’.
‘Back From Beyond’ was recorded and mixed by Tim Vazquez of CGM Studios, Florida, and features original Massacre members Rick Rozz (Guitars, ex Mantas / Death), Terry Butler (Bass, Obituary, ex Death / Six Feet Under) as well as Ed Webb (Vocals, ex Diabolic / Eulogy) and Mike Mazzonetto (Drums, ex Pain Principle), whilst the self referential cover art comes courtesy of Toshihiro Egawa (Cryptopsy, Krisiun, Devourment, etc.)
Bassist Terry Butler had this to say about the new song:
“We believe ‘As We Wait To Die’ is the perfect song for our fans to hear first and it’s the opening track off ‘Back From Beyond’ as well. It gives them a taste of the brutality that awaits!!!”
Hit play below to hear it for yourself…
Massacre will also be heading out a European tour in support of the new record. The full list of tour dates is as follows:
FR 02.05.2014 Tilburg (The Netherlands) – Neurotic Deathfest
SA 03.05.2014 Powys (UK) – Rad Fest
SU 04.05.2014 Leeds (UK) – Kin Hell Fest
MO 05.05.2014 London (UK) – Barfly
TU 06.05.2014 Oberhausen (Germany) – Resonanzwerk + Lay Down Rotten
WE 07.05.2014 Aalen (Germany) – Rock It + Lay Down Rotten
TH 08.05.2014 Hamburg (Germany) – Bambi Galore + Lay Down Rotten
FR 09.05.2014 Dresden (Germany) – Scheune + Lay Down Rotten
SA 10.05.2014 Siegen (Germany) – Vortex + Lay Down Rotten
SU 11.05.2014 Brussels (Belgium) – Magasin 4 + Pestilence
‘Back From Beyond’ is due to be released on March 24th via Century Media.
You can find Massacre on Facebook.