- Black Tusk and Maybeshewill added to Damnation 2015 line-up!
- Listen To A Brand New Svalbard Song
- First Batch Of Bands Announced For Temples 2016
- Epicardiectomy, Engorgement & More Confirmed For UK Slam Fest
- Listen To Famine’s New 12″ ‘Razzin’ In Full
- It Only Gets Worse Premiere New Song Exclusively With Terrorizer
- Tsjuder Premiere New Track ‘Djevelens Mesterverk’
- Hiraeth Release Video for ‘Words to Echo’
- Watch Opium Lord’s New Video For ‘Pink Mass’
- This Gift is a Curse stream new track ‘Swinelord’
Ifing Premiere New Song ‘The Stream’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
Windswept black metal duo Ifing have teamed up with Terrorizer for an exclusive premiere of their new song ‘The Stream’, so if you’re a fan of mid-period Bathory, early Ulver or Windir, this is one stream you’ll definitely want to get caught up in…
Ifing was formed by longtime friends Fritz Petersen and Tim Wicklund back in 2010 as a way to pay tribute to those grandiose classics like ‘Twilight Of The Gods’ and ‘Bergtatt’, but has since blossomed into something quite spectacular in its own right. The pair have really carved out their own niche in the wide world of morose, folk tinged black metal with their breath taking debut ‘Against This Weald’, which is due to be released this May on CD and as limited run of 300 vinyl LPs (200 on silver and 100 on ebony). Oh, and in case you were wondering, the band’s name is taken from the great river in Norse mythology which separates the realms of the gods and giants.
‘The Stream’ takes up almost half of ‘Against This Weald’s running time, and it’s a sumptuously realised aural journey that can’t fail to transport your thoughts off to a land where glacial fjords and vast, spacious woodland abound. The organic production allows each instrument with a rich, warm clarity, and the pair evidently haven’t been slacking on the songwriting front over the past few years either.
So, without further ado, sit back, relax and stream ‘The Stream’ (ahem)…
‘Against This Weald’ is due to be released on May 6th via Blood Music.
You can find Ifing on Facebook.