- Wolfpack 44 Premiere New Song ‘The Black March’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 19 hours ago
- Listen To Hecate Enthroned’s New Album ‘Virulent Rapture’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 21 hours ago
- Conan Release New Album DetailsPosted 22 hours ago
- Listen To Caïna’s New Song ‘The Last Lantern’ Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 24 hours ago
- Melvins To Celebrate 30th Anniversary By Touring Australia With HelmetPosted 1 day ago
- Watain Reveal Their First Ever Video For ‘Outlaw’Posted 2 days ago
- Khaos Aeon: Band Of The DayPosted 2 days ago
- Send More Paramedics Return From The Dead To Play One-Off ShowPosted 2 days ago
- Vallenfyre Begin Recording New AlbumPosted 2 days ago
- Crowbar Announce UK TourPosted 2 days ago
Staring through the eyes of an intern: Louis
Here at Terrorizer, we have been running a long-standing intern program for many years. We figure it’s a hard business to break into, so we try to offer interns a chance to experience a little of the madness we call ‘publishing’…
“Day four of my internship at Terrorizer has nearly passed and I can safely say I haven’t been eaten yet. At least I haven’t noticed any attempts…
In all seriousness though, I would like to stress that I’m having an amazing time. I was led to believe by some that I would be chained to the kettle making endless cups of tea and coffee. Luckily this magazine doesn’t require an Igor-type character, (just yet anyway) and my experience has been nothing short of amazing.
What makes this internship so different from others, is the level of trust bestowed upon me with the tasks I have been given. From transcribing interviews, fact checking articles, to even conducting interviews and reviewing a gig! I must admit although I love this degree of trust, at first it quite honestly made me shit myself. Initially when asked to perform these tasks I felt a wave of terror wash over me, but I know now that in the grand scheme of things it will better me as a writer. I just continue to pray to the gods of rock ‘n roll that I don’t make any mistakes, or who knows what will happen? Maybe they will eat me!
It has also been very exciting to be behind the scenes of the magazine we all love so much. When I saw the rough cover design for the March issue it made me feel like a kid in a sweet shop – if that kid loved an awesome metal band and headbanging to them. Something which also instilled this feeling was being able to exclusively listen to the new Darkthrone album (yeah that’s right!).
I shall now crawl out of the inner bowels of Terrorizer’s digestive system and head out into the cold for my first interview. Wish me luck!”
Words: Louis Thurgood
(If you are interested in being a Terrorizer intern, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)