- Mammothfest announces more acts
- Skindred, Raging Speedhorn, Feed The Rhino 31/01/2017 @ Concorde 2 Brighton
- Power Trip On Their New Album ‘Nightmare Logic’
- Cryptic Shift Announce UK Tour
- Necrowretch release video for ‘Satanic Slavery’
- Listen to the new Wiegedood album ‘De Doden Hebben het Goed II’
- Gold release video for ‘White Noise’
- Listen To Witchapter’s New Song ‘Veiled Aggressor’
- Sepulchral Curse release video for ‘Gospel of Bones’
- The Negation release video for ‘A Prayer for those I will Have to Kill’
Ritual Festival announces first bands for 2017
Ritual Festival, which aims to be bring the best in doom and death metal to Leeds will return on 8th April 2017. Following the success of this year’s festival which boasted the likes of 40 Watt Sun, The Body, Conan, Venom Prison and Full of Hell, Ritual have announced that Norweigan black metal pioneer Ihsahn will headline next year. He states:
“I am honoured to headline Ritual Festival next year, and I’m looking forward to bringing you a set of Ihsahn past, present and maybe a dash of future as well. See you all there!”
Best known for his work with Emperor, he released his latest solo album ‘Arktis’ back in April. Alongside Ihsahn the festival have also announced Misery Index, Afternoon Gentlemen, Crepitation, Corrupt Moral Altar, Conjurer, Serpent Venom and Groak with more additions to follow in the coming months.
“Firstly thanks to all of you that supported Ritual this year. I’m happy to say the festival will be returning to Canal Mills, Leeds in April 2017 with a diverse and unique line-up. We have taken the time to combine some of the UK’s newest, as well as established talented acts along with some special and exclusive favourites just for you. We are honoured to have Ihsahn headline the festival but we also can’t wait to reveal many more incredible bands for you over the coming months.”
Alongside two rooms of live music the festival will also feature art exhibitions, a wealth of merchandise, as well as local food vendors.
The line-up so far:
The Afternoon Gentlemen
Corrupt Moral Altar
The venue Canal Mills is a short taxi ride or walk from Leeds train station with regular trains from London, Manchester and the rest of the UK.