- Mammothfest announces more acts
- Skindred, Raging Speedhorn, Feed The Rhino 31/01/2017 @ Concorde 2 Brighton
- Power Trip On Their New Album ‘Nightmare Logic’
- Cryptic Shift Announce UK Tour
- Necrowretch release video for ‘Satanic Slavery’
- Listen to the new Wiegedood album ‘De Doden Hebben het Goed II’
- Gold release video for ‘White Noise’
- Listen To Witchapter’s New Song ‘Veiled Aggressor’
- Sepulchral Curse release video for ‘Gospel of Bones’
- The Negation release video for ‘A Prayer for those I will Have to Kill’
Ragnarok stream new album ‘Psychopathology’
‘Psychopathology’ is the first album in Ragnarok’s history that doesn’t feature founder Jontho on drums. Having taken over the role of frontman, his place behind the drum kit is taken by Dauden drummer Malignant, who joined the band in 2014. This follow-up to 2012’s ‘Malediction’ was recorded in Endarker Studio and produced by Marduk’s bassist, Devo. The cover artwork is by Marcelo Vasco (Slayer, Machine Head, Dimmu Borgir).
Bolverk (guitars) commented:
“The new Ragnarok album follows in the footsteps of its predecessor ‘Malediction’. A mix of old Ragnarok and newer inspiration. The title of the album is ‘Psychopathology’, a term which in short means to dissect someone’s mind. A couple of lines of text from the title track are: “I’m inside your mind. I dissect your soul,” and one of the points of the lyrics is that sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. This is by no means a concept album, but most of the lyrics can be associated with madness or deviation in some form or another. To make it very brief: ‘Dominance and Submission’ is about sadomasochism. ‘The Eighth of the Seven Plagues’ and ‘Heretic’ are about religion. ‘Where Dreams go to Die’ is about madness. ‘Lies’ and ‘I Hate’ are pretty self-explanatory. ‘Into the Abyss’ is about the dark path that most of us are on. ‘Infernal Majesty’ is a tribute to our master. ‘Blood’ is about sacrifice. ‘My Creator’ has some very personal lyrics written by Jontho, while the other lyrics are written by (myself) Bolverk”.