- Listen to new track by Uncoffined ‘Awakened From Their Dormant Slumber’
- Watch new video by Rich Davis ’13’
- Terrorizer 275 – Darkthrone
- Listen to new track from Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell ‘U Got Wot I Need’
- Watch new video by Einherjer ‘Dragons of the North’
- Exclusive premier of Sons of Balaur’s new album ‘Tenebris Deos’
- Roadburn 2017: Baroness’s John Baizley curates with Coven and a comeback!
- Watch Stonehead video ‘Heaven Ain’t A Good Place To Be’
- pg.lost Released Live Studio Video Performance of ‘Ikaros’ & ‘Off The Beaten Path’
- Watch new video by Castle ‘Down in the Cauldron Bog’
Ragnarok stream new album ‘Psychopathology’
‘Psychopathology’ is the first album in Ragnarok’s history that doesn’t feature founder Jontho on drums. Having taken over the role of frontman, his place behind the drum kit is taken by Dauden drummer Malignant, who joined the band in 2014. This follow-up to 2012’s ‘Malediction’ was recorded in Endarker Studio and produced by Marduk’s bassist, Devo. The cover artwork is by Marcelo Vasco (Slayer, Machine Head, Dimmu Borgir).
Bolverk (guitars) commented:
“The new Ragnarok album follows in the footsteps of its predecessor ‘Malediction’. A mix of old Ragnarok and newer inspiration. The title of the album is ‘Psychopathology’, a term which in short means to dissect someone’s mind. A couple of lines of text from the title track are: “I’m inside your mind. I dissect your soul,” and one of the points of the lyrics is that sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. This is by no means a concept album, but most of the lyrics can be associated with madness or deviation in some form or another. To make it very brief: ‘Dominance and Submission’ is about sadomasochism. ‘The Eighth of the Seven Plagues’ and ‘Heretic’ are about religion. ‘Where Dreams go to Die’ is about madness. ‘Lies’ and ‘I Hate’ are pretty self-explanatory. ‘Into the Abyss’ is about the dark path that most of us are on. ‘Infernal Majesty’ is a tribute to our master. ‘Blood’ is about sacrifice. ‘My Creator’ has some very personal lyrics written by Jontho, while the other lyrics are written by (myself) Bolverk”.