- Listen to new track by Baptism ‘Buried With Him’
- Only Seven Weeks Until Bloodstock 2016!
- Listen to new track by Caina ‘Fumes of God’
- Listen to the new Conjurer album ‘I’
- Cult of Luna and Julie Christmas to play ‘Mariner’ at Damnation 2016
- Listen to the new LLNN album ‘Loss’
- Listen to the new Sarabante album ‘Poisonous Legacy’
- Imperium Dekadenz release lyric video for ‘Only Fragments Of Light’
- Bloodstock’s First M2TM Finals Winners Announced
- Terrorizer 271 – Katatonia
Ragnarok stream new album ‘Psychopathology’
‘Psychopathology’ is the first album in Ragnarok’s history that doesn’t feature founder Jontho on drums. Having taken over the role of frontman, his place behind the drum kit is taken by Dauden drummer Malignant, who joined the band in 2014. This follow-up to 2012’s ‘Malediction’ was recorded in Endarker Studio and produced by Marduk’s bassist, Devo. The cover artwork is by Marcelo Vasco (Slayer, Machine Head, Dimmu Borgir).
Bolverk (guitars) commented:
“The new Ragnarok album follows in the footsteps of its predecessor ‘Malediction’. A mix of old Ragnarok and newer inspiration. The title of the album is ‘Psychopathology’, a term which in short means to dissect someone’s mind. A couple of lines of text from the title track are: “I’m inside your mind. I dissect your soul,” and one of the points of the lyrics is that sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. This is by no means a concept album, but most of the lyrics can be associated with madness or deviation in some form or another. To make it very brief: ‘Dominance and Submission’ is about sadomasochism. ‘The Eighth of the Seven Plagues’ and ‘Heretic’ are about religion. ‘Where Dreams go to Die’ is about madness. ‘Lies’ and ‘I Hate’ are pretty self-explanatory. ‘Into the Abyss’ is about the dark path that most of us are on. ‘Infernal Majesty’ is a tribute to our master. ‘Blood’ is about sacrifice. ‘My Creator’ has some very personal lyrics written by Jontho, while the other lyrics are written by (myself) Bolverk”.