- Overkill release UK tour video
- Listen to the first track from Windswept the new Drudkh side-project
- Disperse release video for new track ‘Tether’
- Bloodstock announce Megadeth as Sunday night headliner
- Listen to new track by HARK ‘Disintegrate’
- Brazil’s Coldness release video for ‘The Turnaround Motion’
- Listen To Containment’s New EP
- John Sutcliffe from Canvas talks about reforming for Ritual Festival
- Cattle Speak To Terrorizer Ahead Of Tonight’s Album Launch
- Heavy Scotland adds Finntroll, Destruction, Fleshgod Apocalypse and Ingested
Overkill release UK tour video
Thrashers Overkill have released this video of frontman Bobby ‘Blitz’ Ellsworth talking about touring the UK and his first memories of doing so.
The band’s now album ‘The Grinding Wheel’ is out 10 February 2017 via Nuclear Blast. You can buy ‘The Grinding Wheel’ here and immediately receive the two tracks ‘Mean, Green Killing Machine’ and ‘Our Finest Hour’.
‘The Grinding Wheel’ is the New Jersey Thrasher’s eighteenth album. Although the ‘who came first’ debate continues in the realms of New York/New Jersey area Thrash – Overkill, it would seem, have been around the longest, consistently delivering music true to their roots embedded over 30 years ago.
The massive contribution to thrash by heavy metal partners in crime Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth and bassist D.D. Verni (who co-founded Overkill the same year Ronald Reagan was elected President) is undeniable and remains unchallenged by those in the know. Overkill were formed about one year before Slayer and Anthrax and a couple of years ahead of Metallica, with all of the aforementioned bands pushing forward a new style of music drawing from NWOBHM, hard rock and punk.
You can also watch the video the band released for ‘Our Finest Hour’ below.