- Black Tusk and Maybeshewill added to Damnation 2015 line-up!
- Listen To A Brand New Svalbard Song
- First Batch Of Bands Announced For Temples 2016
- Epicardiectomy, Engorgement & More Confirmed For UK Slam Fest
- Listen To Famine’s New 12″ ‘Razzin’ In Full
- It Only Gets Worse Premiere New Song Exclusively With Terrorizer
- Tsjuder Premiere New Track ‘Djevelens Mesterverk’
- Hiraeth Release Video for ‘Words to Echo’
- Watch Opium Lord’s New Video For ‘Pink Mass’
- This Gift is a Curse stream new track ‘Swinelord’
Terrorizer 228 – Electric Wizard, Neurosis, My Dying Bride and more!
The new Terrorizer is here, and as well as the news, features and reviews you have come to expect it contains the following goodies:
* select copies contain an exclusive cassette tape, yes CASSETTE TAPE, of the Electric Wizard “Legalise Drugs and Murder” EP which they have made especially for Terrorizer; and
* every copy includes a DOUBLE EDITION Fear Candy, your regular dose of new music has an additional disc of new and upcoming extreme metal artists from Australia on our “Thunder from Down Under” CD.
Copies with the cassette tape are limited.
In an industry full of denim-and-leather posers and lacklustre hanger-ons, Dorset’s Electric Wizard have been a constant force of nature in the doom scene; a scene arguably hesitant to branch too far from its Sabbathian heritage and hunger for nostalgia. If there was ever a band to assign a riff beyond its sonic confines to, say, that of a physical object like a runic sceptre of awesomeness, it’s Electric Wizard!
2012 has been their year, so there is no better way to honour them by welcoming the doom lords onto this month’s cover. We enter the house of Jus Oborn and Liz Buckingham and discuss the difficulties of following up seven solid albums let alone one and the skinny on the EXCLUSIVE! tape included with selected copies of this issue.
We also sit down with post-metal pioneers Neurosis and discuss the perpetual evolution of a band considered visionary. We travel to Yorkshire to catch up with My Dying Bride, talk religious righteousness and art with grind heroes Pig Destroyer, look back over Lacuna Coil’s career with frontwoman Cristina Scabbia and remember Isis’ ‘Oceanic’ record a decade later.
We also talk to Rotting Christ ahead of their headlining set at Germany’s Nuclear War Now! festival, get green with Hexvessel, talk about hate with ex-Cryptopsy frontman Lord Worm’s Rage Nucléaire, dress in denim with Cauldron and discover that it’s business as usual for Converge.
Also you can find out what our esteemed wrecking crew thought of the latest releases by Converge, My Dying Bride, Neurosis, Cradle Of Filth and many others. And we bring you reports from Bergen’s Beyond The Gates festival, LA’s Power Of The Riff festival, Vision Of Disorder’s return tour and Cold In Berlin’s London show. You know what to do now, don’t you? Grab this issue while you can.
While you’re at it, why not subscribe to Terrorizer/ You will receive:
- 13 issues of Terrorizer, that’s THREE free issues!
- A copy of the fantastic Electric Wizard CDs ‘Black Masses‘ and ‘Witchcult Today‘; and
- You will get you magazine before it hits the shops!
What are you waiting for! (Please allow 28 days for your order to be processed)