- Mammothfest announces more acts
- Skindred, Raging Speedhorn, Feed The Rhino 31/01/2017 @ Concorde 2 Brighton
- Power Trip On Their New Album ‘Nightmare Logic’
- Cryptic Shift Announce UK Tour
- Necrowretch release video for ‘Satanic Slavery’
- Listen to the new Wiegedood album ‘De Doden Hebben het Goed II’
- Gold release video for ‘White Noise’
- Listen To Witchapter’s New Song ‘Veiled Aggressor’
- Sepulchral Curse release video for ‘Gospel of Bones’
- The Negation release video for ‘A Prayer for those I will Have to Kill’
SLAYER’S JEFF HANNEMAN CONTRACTS FLESH-EATING VIRUS
…..and pulls out of Australia tour.
Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman has been forced to pull out of Slayer’s upcoming tour of Australia after he was hospitalised with a flesh-eating disease.
The axeman is suffering from necrotising fasciitis, a rare bacterial virus which attacks skin, fat and body tissue.
It is believed that Jeff contracted the virus from a spider bit.
In a statement issued to Antimusic.com, Slayer frontman Tom Araya stated, “Jeff is our brother, we’ve all been friends and together as a band for almost 30 years. We just want him to recover as soon as possible.”
Slayer will continue their planned Australian tour with a stand-in guitarist for the remaining dates.
“After everything that’s happened we all agreed that we just can’t let our fans down again,” adds lead shredder Kerry King. “Jeff is totally on board with the decision, so we will tour as planned. We can’t pinpoint what day he’ll be back, but it will be as soon as he possibly can. We can’t wait for him to get better and get his ass back on the road.”