- Listen to new track by Uniform ‘Ghosthouse’
- Listen to new track by Uncoffined ‘Awakened From Their Dormant Slumber’
- Watch new video by Rich Davis ’13’
- Terrorizer 275 – Darkthrone
- Listen to new track from Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell ‘U Got Wot I Need’
- Watch new video by Einherjer ‘Dragons of the North’
- Exclusive premier of Sons of Balaur’s new album ‘Tenebris Deos’
- Roadburn 2017: Baroness’s John Baizley curates with Coven and a comeback!
- Watch Stonehead video ‘Heaven Ain’t A Good Place To Be’
- pg.lost Released Live Studio Video Performance of ‘Ikaros’ & ‘Off The Beaten Path’
OPETH AND PORCUPINE TREE MAINMEN WORKING ON SPECIAL COLLABORATION
Opeth frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt has been working on a secret project with Porcupine Tree’s Steven Wilson!
Speaking to Terrorizer, Mikael said: “We’ve written everything and recorded demos, though when you do demos with Steve Wilson, they’re going to sound pretty good! I’m not sure what people expect from it, but it doesn’t really have much to do with Porcupine Tree, apart from the fact that it sometimes sounds similar when Steve’s singing, and it might sound like Opeth when I’m singing. But I love it. I think it’s exactly where I’m at at the moment. It covers some ground that I probably couldn’t cover with Opeth, which is cool. It’s very beautiful and kind of ugly. It’s not heavy at all; it’s just cinematic-sounding.”
According to Mikael, the as-yet-untitled project will come out next year.
“I don’t know what we’re going to call it yet. Probably something more exciting than The Steve and Mike Band!”
Meanwhile Opeth are gearing up to release their tenth studio album ‘Heritage’ – produced by Mikael and Steven – on September 20 on Roadrunner, and will also be bringing the prog to Sonisphere on July 10 .
Stay tuned for future details on both of those and what this new project might have in store!