- Fistula: Band Of The DayPosted 11 hours ago
- Zom Premiere New Song ‘The Depths’ With TerrorizerPosted 16 hours ago
- Full Lineup For This Weekend’s Candlefest ConfirmedPosted 1 day ago
- Monarch, Wodensthrone, Fen, Xerath & More Confirmed For Damnation 2014Posted 1 day ago
- Sealclubber: Band Of The DayPosted 3 days ago
- Necro Deathmort Premiere New Song ‘Bleeding’ With TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
- Northern Oak’s ‘Of Roots And Flesh’: Album Review & StreamPosted 4 days ago
- Undergang, Burial & Qrixkuor To Play Free Halloween Show In LondonPosted 4 days ago
- Win Tickets To See Finntroll In London This SaturdayPosted 4 days ago
- At The Gates Reveal First New Song In 19 YearsPosted 4 days ago
OPETH AND PORCUPINE TREE MAINMEN WORKING ON SPECIAL COLLABORATION
Opeth frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt has been working on a secret project with Porcupine Tree’s Steven Wilson!
Speaking to Terrorizer, Mikael said: “We’ve written everything and recorded demos, though when you do demos with Steve Wilson, they’re going to sound pretty good! I’m not sure what people expect from it, but it doesn’t really have much to do with Porcupine Tree, apart from the fact that it sometimes sounds similar when Steve’s singing, and it might sound like Opeth when I’m singing. But I love it. I think it’s exactly where I’m at at the moment. It covers some ground that I probably couldn’t cover with Opeth, which is cool. It’s very beautiful and kind of ugly. It’s not heavy at all; it’s just cinematic-sounding.”
According to Mikael, the as-yet-untitled project will come out next year.
“I don’t know what we’re going to call it yet. Probably something more exciting than The Steve and Mike Band!”
Meanwhile Opeth are gearing up to release their tenth studio album ‘Heritage’ – produced by Mikael and Steven – on September 20 on Roadrunner, and will also be bringing the prog to Sonisphere on July 10 .
Stay tuned for future details on both of those and what this new project might have in store!