- Rob Halford: I am the only gay in the village!Posted 1 day ago
- Ahab, Sólstafir, H A R K & Bast Confirmed For Damnation 2014Posted 2 days ago
- Stream ACxDC’s New Album ‘Antichrist Demoncore’ In Full With TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Sólstafir premiere new song ‘Lágnætti’ from their forthcoming album ÓttaPosted 3 days ago
- The Soft Pink Truth: Metal Intros and Outros MixPosted 3 days ago
- Chimpyfest Preview: Winds Of GenocidePosted 3 days ago
- Russian melodic metallers Deva Obida stream their single Varaka with TerrorizerPosted 6 days ago
- Terrorizer 250: Judas PriestPosted 7 days ago
- The Afternoon Gentlemen Begin UK Tour This FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Water Torture Release Tour TrailerPosted 1 week ago
OPETH AND PORCUPINE TREE MAINMEN WORKING ON SPECIAL COLLABORATION
Opeth frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt has been working on a secret project with Porcupine Tree’s Steven Wilson!
Speaking to Terrorizer, Mikael said: “We’ve written everything and recorded demos, though when you do demos with Steve Wilson, they’re going to sound pretty good! I’m not sure what people expect from it, but it doesn’t really have much to do with Porcupine Tree, apart from the fact that it sometimes sounds similar when Steve’s singing, and it might sound like Opeth when I’m singing. But I love it. I think it’s exactly where I’m at at the moment. It covers some ground that I probably couldn’t cover with Opeth, which is cool. It’s very beautiful and kind of ugly. It’s not heavy at all; it’s just cinematic-sounding.”
According to Mikael, the as-yet-untitled project will come out next year.
“I don’t know what we’re going to call it yet. Probably something more exciting than The Steve and Mike Band!”
Meanwhile Opeth are gearing up to release their tenth studio album ‘Heritage’ – produced by Mikael and Steven – on September 20 on Roadrunner, and will also be bringing the prog to Sonisphere on July 10 .
Stay tuned for future details on both of those and what this new project might have in store!