- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 3Posted 2 hours ago
- Behemoth In Dublin: Live ReviewPosted 19 hours ago
- Listen To Desert Storm’s New Song ‘Sway Of The Tides’Posted 22 hours ago
- Down In LA: Live ReviewPosted 23 hours ago
- Listen To A Brand New Archgoat Song Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 2Posted 2 days ago
- Lotus Thief: Band Of The DayPosted 3 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 1Posted 4 days ago
- Blind Guardian Discuss Upcoming 70000 Tons Of Metal PerformancePosted 1 week ago
- VON release “The Culling” single and lyric videoPosted 2 weeks ago
News round-up: The Wretched End, Conan, Ageless Oblivion, Chimp Spanner, and more
The news in brief from the world of Terrorizer, featuring Samoth’s The Wretched End and Conan in the studio, Ageless Oblivion’s debut video, a new EP from Chimp Spanner and more.
The Wretched End, the band formed by Samoth (ex-Emperor) and Cosmo (Scum) after the demise of Zyklon, have posted footage from the studio where they are currently recording their second album ‘Inroads’. Their debut ‘Ominous’ was killer, and this sounds pretty tasty, so we can’t wait to hear this.
Conan, the “so heavy it hurts” doom brigade who recently wowed us at Damnation Festival and are playing next year’s Roadburn, are re-entering the studio next week to begin work on album number two. Once more, they are in Foel Studios with Chris Fielding (Primordial, Electric Wizard and of course today’s band of the day Triaxis). Expect the album in Spring via Burning World.
Ageless Oblivion, one of Britain’s most promising death metal bands in many a year, have made a video for ‘Reclamation’, taken from their amazing debut album ‘Temples Of Transcendent Evolution’. These guys are playing the London date of Fleshgod Apocalypse’s UK headline tour on March at the Purple Turtle, along with Saturnian, Bloodshot Dawn and Dyscarnate in one of the finest arrays of up-and-coming extreme talent you’ll see in 2012.
Chimp Spanner, the one-man tech metal deranged genius (Paul Antonio Ortiz, to his friends) will release a new EP on February 6 2012 via Basick. The vinyl edition of the EP will come with a special EP featuring remixes in multiple styles of the opening track of Chimp Spanner’s ‘At The Dream’s Edge’ album. The band are on tour with prog metal legends Cynic from December 3.
And finally, a busy day for Basick Records saw them announcing two new signings in the shape of French electronic/experimental metal act The Algorithm (who remixed the above Chimp Spanner track) and exceptionally promising Indian act Skyharbor. Both will release albums in 2012, with Skyharbor’s album ‘Blinding White Noise: Illusion & Chaos’ set to feature multiple guests including ex-Megadeth guitar god Marty Friedman and ex-TesseracT vocalist Dan Tomkins, both of whom feature on the following track.