- Mammothfest announces more acts
- Skindred, Raging Speedhorn, Feed The Rhino 31/01/2017 @ Concorde 2 Brighton
- Power Trip On Their New Album ‘Nightmare Logic’
- Cryptic Shift Announce UK Tour
- Necrowretch release video for ‘Satanic Slavery’
- Listen to the new Wiegedood album ‘De Doden Hebben het Goed II’
- Gold release video for ‘White Noise’
- Listen To Witchapter’s New Song ‘Veiled Aggressor’
- Sepulchral Curse release video for ‘Gospel of Bones’
- The Negation release video for ‘A Prayer for those I will Have to Kill’
Meads Of Asphodel head to Auschwitz to research new album
Meads Of Aphodel mainman Metatron is heading to Poland in November to research their next album at Auschwitz.
The new album will be entitled ‘Sonderkommando’, and will examine the Holocaust from the point of those workers who had to remove the bodies from the gas chambers and cremate them- the Jewish Sonderkommando.
Metatron is to record narratives and parts of the actual album on the site of the death camp, one of the most notorious locations in the industrial-scale murder carried out by the Nazis. The album is said to “focus on the inhumanity of humanity, on the death camps and the surrounding nations [to their shame] who systematically embraced this indiscriminate slaughter of unarmed civilians.”
Metatron has said: “Maybe some things are best forgotten, maybe unspoken. Then again, maybe they should never be forgotten, and if spoken of, maybe the world will be a better place by remembering.”