- Rob Halford: I am the only gay in the village!Posted 7 hours ago
- Ahab, Sólstafir, H A R K & Bast Confirmed For Damnation 2014Posted 1 day ago
- Stream ACxDC’s New Album ‘Antichrist Demoncore’ In Full With TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Sólstafir premiere new song ‘Lágnætti’ from their forthcoming album ÓttaPosted 2 days ago
- The Soft Pink Truth: Metal Intros and Outros MixPosted 2 days ago
- Chimpyfest Preview: Winds Of GenocidePosted 2 days ago
- Russian melodic metallers Deva Obida stream their single Varaka with TerrorizerPosted 5 days ago
- Terrorizer 250: Judas PriestPosted 6 days ago
- The Afternoon Gentlemen Begin UK Tour This FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Water Torture Release Tour TrailerPosted 1 week ago
Decapitated pull out of Damnation after surviving plane crash
In an absolutely terrible piece of news, Decapitated have been forced to cancel their appearance at Damnation Festival this weekend having survived a plane crash.
Their flight back to their native Poland from their tour of the USA was forced to make an emergency landing as it came in to land at Warsaw airport after the landing gear failed. As a result, Decapitated will not be able to appear at Damnation fesival this Saturday. Terrorizer Stage headliners Ulver have agreed to extend their set to 90 minutes to fill the void – please note, their set will now start at 21:30, NOT 22:00 as advertised in the programmes.
This is the plane Decapitated were on
A statement from Decapitated read:
“We are extremely sorry to inform our fans, that due to unforeseen circumstances that are out of our control, we will unfortunately have to cancel our shows in Aalborg (Aalborg Metal Festival) and Leeds (Damnation Festival)”
Festival organiser Gavin McInally said:
“It’s a major blow to the festival to lose a band like Decapitated, especially with only days to go but I understand entirely why they need time to recover from what must have been a terrifying incident.
“It’s disappointing news for both us and the band but most importantly, no one was seriously injured and hopefully we will be able to host Decapitated in the future.”
Obviously all of us at Terrorizer are absolutely gutted we won’t see them in Leeds, but we too are just glad they’re all OK. We’re all accutely aware of the tragedies that have struck the band in the past, so we’re simply delighted that they’re unhurt, and that we’ll get a chance to see them another time. All the best from all of us to the death metal masterminds.