- Northern Oak’s ‘Of Roots And Flesh’: Album Review & StreamPosted 9 hours ago
- Undergang, Burial & Qrixkuor To Play Free Halloween Show In LondonPosted 10 hours ago
- Win Tickets To See Finntroll In London This SaturdayPosted 12 hours ago
- At The Gates Reveal First New Song In 19 YearsPosted 12 hours ago
- Terrorizer #252: Swedish Death Metal Returns!Posted 1 week ago
- Gormathon Premiere New Video ‘Remember’ With TerrorizerPosted 1 week ago
- Gurt Announce UK Tour With Pist & Bong CauldronPosted 1 week ago
- Corrupt Moral Altar: Tour DiaryPosted 1 week ago
- Skullhog Reveal New ‘Risen To Bludgeon’ VideoPosted 1 week ago
- The Bridesmaid Premiere New Song ‘Ives’ With TerrorizerPosted 1 week ago
Decapitated pull out of Damnation after surviving plane crash
In an absolutely terrible piece of news, Decapitated have been forced to cancel their appearance at Damnation Festival this weekend having survived a plane crash.
Their flight back to their native Poland from their tour of the USA was forced to make an emergency landing as it came in to land at Warsaw airport after the landing gear failed. As a result, Decapitated will not be able to appear at Damnation fesival this Saturday. Terrorizer Stage headliners Ulver have agreed to extend their set to 90 minutes to fill the void – please note, their set will now start at 21:30, NOT 22:00 as advertised in the programmes.
This is the plane Decapitated were on
A statement from Decapitated read:
“We are extremely sorry to inform our fans, that due to unforeseen circumstances that are out of our control, we will unfortunately have to cancel our shows in Aalborg (Aalborg Metal Festival) and Leeds (Damnation Festival)”
Festival organiser Gavin McInally said:
“It’s a major blow to the festival to lose a band like Decapitated, especially with only days to go but I understand entirely why they need time to recover from what must have been a terrifying incident.
“It’s disappointing news for both us and the band but most importantly, no one was seriously injured and hopefully we will be able to host Decapitated in the future.”
Obviously all of us at Terrorizer are absolutely gutted we won’t see them in Leeds, but we too are just glad they’re all OK. We’re all accutely aware of the tragedies that have struck the band in the past, so we’re simply delighted that they’re unhurt, and that we’ll get a chance to see them another time. All the best from all of us to the death metal masterminds.