- Arkona Release Video for ‘Zov Pustyh Dereven’
- All Pigs Must Die Announce Exclusive UK Show
- Indesinence Reveal New Song ‘Desert Trail’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
- Listen To Nomad’s New Song ‘Decay Of Autonomy’
- Pentagram Announce New Album ‘Curious Volume’
- Terrorizer 260 – Goatsnake, Gorgoroth and more
- José’s Eistnaflug Band Of The Day: Brain Police
- Art Of Burning Water To Tour UK Next Week With Baxter Stockman
- Chimpyfest Preview: Krupskaya
- From The Bogs Of Aughiska Announce UK Tour With Coltsblood
DALRIADA OFFER DETAILS ON UPCOMING NEW ALBUM
Hungarian extreme folk metal band Dalriada have recently finished recording their new studio album ‘Igéret'; which is pegged for a release date of February 11th, 2011 through AFM Records.
Fronted by vocalist Laura Binder, Dalriada are known for their use of poetry and European folktales in their lyrics; along with their incorpation of traditional Hungarian melodies and instruments into their sound.
‘Igéret’, which is the seventh full-length in their discography; is said to feature not only feature instruments like the kobza and doublebass but also include appearances from fellow countrymen Fajkusz Band and Korpiklanni’s Jonne Järvelä. In an official press statement on their website, the band have added that his guest performance shall be to sing sections of the epic Kalevala in Finnish; which compliments Dalriada’s own choice to sing in Hungarian.
Although teasers of the lyrics are not yet available, it has been mentioned that the song material for the new album will be centred on melodies from the Carpathian basin of Central Europe; including a 450 year old song played with its original words and orchestration.