- Epica Release Video Discussing Virtual Reality Concept
- Listen to the new album by Seeker ‘Loss’
- Listen to new track by Uniform ‘Ghosthouse’
- Listen to new track by Uncoffined ‘Awakened From Their Dormant Slumber’
- Watch new video by Rich Davis ’13’
- Terrorizer 275 – Darkthrone
- Listen to new track from Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell ‘U Got Wot I Need’
- Watch new video by Einherjer ‘Dragons of the North’
- Exclusive premier of Sons of Balaur’s new album ‘Tenebris Deos’
- Roadburn 2017: Baroness’s John Baizley curates with Coven and a comeback!
DALRIADA OFFER DETAILS ON UPCOMING NEW ALBUM
Hungarian extreme folk metal band Dalriada have recently finished recording their new studio album ‘Igéret’; which is pegged for a release date of February 11th, 2011 through AFM Records.
Fronted by vocalist Laura Binder, Dalriada are known for their use of poetry and European folktales in their lyrics; along with their incorpation of traditional Hungarian melodies and instruments into their sound.
‘Igéret’, which is the seventh full-length in their discography; is said to feature not only feature instruments like the kobza and doublebass but also include appearances from fellow countrymen Fajkusz Band and Korpiklanni’s Jonne Järvelä. In an official press statement on their website, the band have added that his guest performance shall be to sing sections of the epic Kalevala in Finnish; which compliments Dalriada’s own choice to sing in Hungarian.
Although teasers of the lyrics are not yet available, it has been mentioned that the song material for the new album will be centred on melodies from the Carpathian basin of Central Europe; including a 450 year old song played with its original words and orchestration.