- Black Tusk and Maybeshewill added to Damnation 2015 line-up!
- Listen To A Brand New Svalbard Song
- First Batch Of Bands Announced For Temples 2016
- Epicardiectomy, Engorgement & More Confirmed For UK Slam Fest
- Listen To Famine’s New 12″ ‘Razzin’ In Full
- It Only Gets Worse Premiere New Song Exclusively With Terrorizer
- Tsjuder Premiere New Track ‘Djevelens Mesterverk’
- Hiraeth Release Video for ‘Words to Echo’
- Watch Opium Lord’s New Video For ‘Pink Mass’
- This Gift is a Curse stream new track ‘Swinelord’
DALRIADA OFFER DETAILS ON UPCOMING NEW ALBUM
Hungarian extreme folk metal band Dalriada have recently finished recording their new studio album ‘Igéret’; which is pegged for a release date of February 11th, 2011 through AFM Records.
Fronted by vocalist Laura Binder, Dalriada are known for their use of poetry and European folktales in their lyrics; along with their incorpation of traditional Hungarian melodies and instruments into their sound.
‘Igéret’, which is the seventh full-length in their discography; is said to feature not only feature instruments like the kobza and doublebass but also include appearances from fellow countrymen Fajkusz Band and Korpiklanni’s Jonne Järvelä. In an official press statement on their website, the band have added that his guest performance shall be to sing sections of the epic Kalevala in Finnish; which compliments Dalriada’s own choice to sing in Hungarian.
Although teasers of the lyrics are not yet available, it has been mentioned that the song material for the new album will be centred on melodies from the Carpathian basin of Central Europe; including a 450 year old song played with its original words and orchestration.