- Gary Numan ‘Replicas’ at The Metro Chicago, Sunday 15 May 2016
- Withered full album premiere of ‘Grief Relic’
- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
- Photoset: Hatebreed with DevilDriver on ‘The Concrete Confessional Tour’
- ‘Dusk and her Embrace… the Original Sin’ by Cradle of Filth to be released
- A Freezing Breath of Summer: Eight Slabs of Icelandic Metal
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Bathory art
- Watch the video for Haast’s Eagled’s ‘Pyaaz Bhonghi’
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Slayer art
- Mars Red Sky, Boss Keloid & More Play Manchester’s Riff Conspiracy On Sunday
Converge: “I’ve never felt the need to engage things from a political or social base”
Metallic hardcore quartet Converge have just left Godcity Studios having just put the finishing touches to their eighth as-yet-untitled album, the follow-up to 2009’s face-smashing ‘Axe To Fall’.
Talking to Terrorizer, frontman Jacob Bannon commented: “Being a band for over 21 years, we’ve developed our sound. Now we just kind of evolve and mutate and get more technically proficient with every record, but there’s never a big sound change. It’s funny, you hear about bands getting older and losing the will to be aggressive, but I’ve never found any reason not to be angry. I’ve never felt the need to engage things from a political or social base. I just write from personal experience. This record is no different.”
Their new record is due to land in autumn. But, if you fancy getting sweaty before that they play Hevy fest which takes place August 3-6 at Port Lypne Wild Animal Park, Kent.