- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
- Photoset: Hatebreed with DevilDriver on ‘The Concrete Confessional Tour’
- ‘Dusk and her Embrace… the Original Sin’ by Cradle of Filth to be released
- A Freezing Breath of Summer: Eight Slabs of Icelandic Metal
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Bathory art
- Watch the video for Haast’s Eagled’s ‘Pyaaz Bhonghi’
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Slayer art
- Mars Red Sky, Boss Keloid & More Play Manchester’s Riff Conspiracy On Sunday
- Song Premiere: ‘Home’ by Canadian post-black metal outfit Numenorean
- Seven Hundredth Unicorn Release Video for ‘Hollow’
Autopsy To Release New Album ‘Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves’ This April
It may come as a shock to those still reeling from the grotesque majesty of last year’s ‘The Headless Ritual’, but Autopsy are clearing firing on all cylinders right now. ‘Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves’, their seventh studio album to date, was recorded at Fantasy Studios with producer Adam Munoz, and once again features the longstanding combo of Eric Cutler and Danny Coralles on guitars, Joe Trevisano on bass and, of course, Chris Reifert on drums/vocals. Artwork comes courtesy of Wes Benscoter, who was also responsible for the stunning ‘Macabre Eternal’ album cover.
The band themselves had this to say about the album:
“TOURNIQUETS TIGHTEN….HACKSAWS RIP…..GRAVES ARE FILLED…..THIS IS AUTOPSY, THIS IS DEATH METAL…. With the stench of ‘The Headless Ritual’ still permeating the befouled air, Autopsy has once again come for your very metal soul with their newest blood soaked homage to all things dark, twisted and horrific….once again bone crushingly heavy nightmares await…. ‘Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves’ will awaken the most depraved part of the coldest zombie’s stare…..blood will flow, brains will be destroyed, coffin lids will be opened….”
Featuring a potent blend of the band’s trademark death metal savagery and crawling, doom-filled sludgery, ‘Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves’ is bound to be yet another nail in the coffin of good taste and another triumph for good old fashioned death metal mastery. Bring it on!
‘Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves’ is due to be released on April 21st via Peaceville Records.
You can find Autopsy on Facebook.