- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
- Photoset: Hatebreed with DevilDriver on ‘The Concrete Confessional Tour’
- ‘Dusk and her Embrace… the Original Sin’ by Cradle of Filth to be released
- A Freezing Breath of Summer: Eight Slabs of Icelandic Metal
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Bathory art
- Watch the video for Haast’s Eagled’s ‘Pyaaz Bhonghi’
- Grand Magus’s Janne ‘JB’ Cristoffersson’s favourite Slayer art
- Mars Red Sky, Boss Keloid & More Play Manchester’s Riff Conspiracy On Sunday
- Song Premiere: ‘Home’ by Canadian post-black metal outfit Numenorean
- Seven Hundredth Unicorn Release Video for ‘Hollow’
Anders Nyström: “There Never Has Been This Diversity Before”
Katatonia have wrapped up the recording of their as-yet-untitled full-length follow-up to 2009’s ‘Night Is The New Day’, and according to guitarist Anders ‘Blakkheim’ Nyström it’s their most diverse offering yet.
“I can feel that amongst the 13 songs there never has been this diversity and variety before,” says Anders. “Some songs are really going off into territories, further than we have done before, but the good thing is that I think the whole production, the sound, and our performances, are gluing those songs together, which still sounds like it’s one band performing.”
The Swedish miserablists have also announced that Silje Wergeland, vocalist for The Gathering, will appear as a guest vocalist on one of the songs on the album. “People are not gonna be disappointed, that’s for sure!” says Anders on the collaboration. “I was blown away by the result.”
The new album is set for release on September 3 via Peaceville.