- Arkona Release Video for ‘Zov Pustyh Dereven’
- All Pigs Must Die Announce Exclusive UK Show
- Indesinence Reveal New Song ‘Desert Trail’ Exclusively With Terrorizer
- Listen To Nomad’s New Song ‘Decay Of Autonomy’
- Pentagram Announce New Album ‘Curious Volume’
- Terrorizer 260 – Goatsnake, Gorgoroth and more
- José’s Eistnaflug Band Of The Day: Brain Police
- Art Of Burning Water To Tour UK Next Week With Baxter Stockman
- Chimpyfest Preview: Krupskaya
- From The Bogs Of Aughiska Announce UK Tour With Coltsblood
Anders Nyström: “There Never Has Been This Diversity Before”
Katatonia have wrapped up the recording of their as-yet-untitled full-length follow-up to 2009’s ‘Night Is The New Day’, and according to guitarist Anders ‘Blakkheim’ Nyström it’s their most diverse offering yet.
“I can feel that amongst the 13 songs there never has been this diversity and variety before,” says Anders. “Some songs are really going off into territories, further than we have done before, but the good thing is that I think the whole production, the sound, and our performances, are gluing those songs together, which still sounds like it’s one band performing.”
The Swedish miserablists have also announced that Silje Wergeland, vocalist for The Gathering, will appear as a guest vocalist on one of the songs on the album. “People are not gonna be disappointed, that’s for sure!” says Anders on the collaboration. “I was blown away by the result.”
The new album is set for release on September 3 via Peaceville.