- Band of the Day: Svarttjern, black metal from Oslo
- The Desertfest 2016 Spotify Playlist
- Listen to the new album by Miami noise-rockers Wrong in full
- Photoset: Napalm Death, Melvins and Melt Banana in Chicago
- The return of Akercocke
- Listen to Schammasch’s ‘Triangle – Part I : The Process Of Dying’
- Samothrace Begin UK Tour This Wednesday
- Video: Soulfly’s Max Cavalera discusses why he loves Discharge
- Watch Trieb’s video for ‘The Ballad of the White Horse’
- Listen to ‘Admiring Death’ by Svarttjern
The Morning After: Labrat
WHERE: London Hope & Anchor
HOW’S THE HEAD/NECK/VOICE? Battered and stewed.
Bruisers, bikers, boozers and bearded baseball cap clad oiks pack the venue to the rafters for this reunion show from London’s beastliest boy band. There’s no guest list so no scenesters, liggers or hipsters, just those who want to relive the terror and carnage caught a decade ago in London’s much missed Devil’s Church and Braindead clubs, the bowels of which this cuntcore band were first shat out of.
All consuming, strident and acerbic with enough power behind them to make the ears bleed. Labrat literally ruined it for everyone by rampaging through aggressive numbers in a flat out 30 minutes. With barely room to swing a cat it’s a wonder that this did not see anyone hospitalized. Having supported everyone from Eyehategod to Candlemass (on the same day) Labrat made as many friends as enemies. Luckily this was one show bottles were not flung at them.
Voracious and unfortunately garlic flavoured due to some road accident picked up on the way home in a desperate attempt to mop it up. Seriously, nowhere was safe from copious drinking at this riotous show not even the urinals as Labrat’s ‘Diary Of A Piss Drinker’ is a veritable classic. Quick pass a bucket!
Words PETE WOODS