- Sealclubber: Band Of The DayPosted 7 hours ago
- Necro Deathmort Premiere New Song ‘Bleeding’ With TerrorizerPosted 9 hours ago
- Northern Oak’s ‘Of Roots And Flesh’: Album Review & StreamPosted 1 day ago
- Undergang, Burial & Qrixkuor To Play Free Halloween Show In LondonPosted 1 day ago
- Win Tickets To See Finntroll In London This SaturdayPosted 1 day ago
- At The Gates Reveal First New Song In 19 YearsPosted 1 day ago
- Terrorizer #252: Swedish Death Metal Returns!Posted 1 week ago
- Gormathon Premiere New Video ‘Remember’ With TerrorizerPosted 1 week ago
- Gurt Announce UK Tour With Pist & Bong CauldronPosted 1 week ago
- Corrupt Moral Altar: Tour DiaryPosted 1 week ago
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer