- Slayer Vinyl Reissues: The Terrorizer VerdictPosted 2 days ago
- Cancer, Cerebral Bore, Despised Icon & More Confirmed For Neurotic Deathfest 2014Posted 2 days ago
- Autopsy To Release New Album ‘Tourniquets, Hacksaws & Graves’ This AprilPosted 2 days ago
- Fistula Reveal New Song ‘Goat Brothel’Posted 2 days ago
- Nasum’s ‘Domedagen’ Demo To Be Reissued For Record Store DayPosted 2 days ago
- Melvins Frontman To Release Acoustic Solo AlbumPosted 2 days ago
- Benea Reach To Play Final Ever Show At Trondheim Metal FestPosted 3 days ago
- Listen To Telepathy’s New Song ‘Cystine Knot’ With TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
- Stream Amputated’s New Album ‘Dissect, Molest, Ingest’ In FullPosted 3 days ago
- YOB Sign To Neurot RecordsPosted 3 days ago
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer