- Coltsblood & Ninkharsag Announce UK TourPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 3Posted 2 days ago
- Behemoth In Dublin: Live ReviewPosted 3 days ago
- Listen To Desert Storm’s New Song ‘Sway Of The Tides’Posted 3 days ago
- Down In LA: Live ReviewPosted 3 days ago
- Listen To A Brand New Archgoat Song Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 4 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 2Posted 4 days ago
- Lotus Thief: Band Of The DayPosted 5 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 1Posted 6 days ago
- Blind Guardian Discuss Upcoming 70000 Tons Of Metal PerformancePosted 2 weeks ago
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer