- Win Tickets To Tsjuder’s First Ever UK ShowPosted 8 hours ago
- Discharge, Solstice & More Confirmed For Almost Fatal Fest 2015Posted 11 hours ago
- Beyond Grace – ‘Omega Point’ Lyric Video on Terrorizer.comPosted 1 day ago
- Dead Infection, Deviated Instinct & More Confirmed For Chimpyfest 2015Posted 1 day ago
- Oozing Wound Reveal New Video & Announce Euro TourPosted 1 day ago
- Stream Winds Of Genocide’s New Album In FullPosted 5 days ago
- Listen To Halshug’s New Song ‘Total Destruktion’Posted 6 days ago
- Crows: Band Of The DayPosted 6 days ago
- Nader Sadek debuts ‘Descent’, final track from ‘The Malefic: III’ EPPosted 1 week ago
- Listen To Diesel King’s New Song ‘Brainhammer’Posted 2 weeks ago
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer