- Gary Numan performing ‘Telekon’ Metro, Chicago
- Listen to Switchblade’s new album ‘’
- Mortiis’s Strange and Not So Strange Music that Shaped my Life
- Devin Townsend Project announces tour and new album
- H A R K Announce ‘Summer Disintegration’ Tour
- Listen to ‘Under a Titan Sky’ by Sworn Amongst
- Gary Numan performing ‘The Pleasure Principle’, The Metro, Chicago
- Gary Numan ‘Replicas’ at The Metro Chicago, Sunday 15 May 2016
- Withered full album premiere of ‘Grief Relic’
- 100 Years release video for ‘All Grey’
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer