- Black Tusk and Maybeshewill added to Damnation 2015 line-up!
- Listen To A Brand New Svalbard Song
- First Batch Of Bands Announced For Temples 2016
- Epicardiectomy, Engorgement & More Confirmed For UK Slam Fest
- Listen To Famine’s New 12″ ‘Razzin’ In Full
- It Only Gets Worse Premiere New Song Exclusively With Terrorizer
- Tsjuder Premiere New Track ‘Djevelens Mesterverk’
- Hiraeth Release Video for ‘Words to Echo’
- Watch Opium Lord’s New Video For ‘Pink Mass’
- This Gift is a Curse stream new track ‘Swinelord’
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer