- José’s Roadburn Band of the Week: Coltsblood
- Listen To A Brand New Wino & Conny Ochs Song
- Coltsblood & Ninkharsag Begin UK Tour Tomorrow
- Nomad & Wort Announce Split And UK Tour
- Kings Destroy Unveil New Song ‘W2′
- See the new Cavalera Conspiracy lyric video for ‘Not Losing the Edge’
- Primitive Man Announce UK Tour With Sea Bastard
- Electric Wizard announce London Roundhouse show and support!
- José’s Roadburn Band Of The Week: Urfaust
- Throw the Goat premiere ‘Blood Sweat & Beers’ video
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer