- Opeth Announce Special Wembley Arena Gig and Setlist
- Listen to new track by Hierophant ‘Mass Grave’
- Watch video for new track by Unfathomable Ruination ‘Pestilential Affinity’
- Watch video for ‘Bad Wolf’ by Maya
- Listen to new Ancient track ‘Death Will Die’
- Listen to new track from Wormrot ‘Fallen Into Disuse’
- Sabaton speak about the lyrical inspirations behind ‘The Last Stand’
- Listen to new album by Servers ‘Everything is OK’ in full
- Listen to the new EP from Far From History EP ‘Gallows Hill’
- Listen to new track ‘Källan’ by Grift from the Drudkh & Grift split LP
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer