- Listen To A Brand New Archgoat Song Exclusively With TerrorizerPosted 14 hours ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 2Posted 23 hours ago
- Lotus Thief: Band Of The DayPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer’s Top 50 Albums Of 2014: Part 1Posted 3 days ago
- Blind Guardian Discuss Upcoming 70000 Tons Of Metal PerformancePosted 1 week ago
- VON release “The Culling” single and lyric videoPosted 1 week ago
- Gurt To Release ‘Redwin’ EP On Vinyl This JanuaryPosted 1 week ago
- Suffering Mind, Swinelord, Kru$h & More Added To Chimpyfest 2015Posted 1 week ago
- Godflesh Begin UK Tour TomorrowPosted 1 week ago
- Stream Nihill’s New Album ‘Verderf’ In FullPosted 3 weeks ago
Miniature history of: Aus Spotten
SECRET HISTORY OF: AUS SPOTTEN (Vienna, Austria)
Slow, deliberate crust entwined with ominous cello accompaniments; dark, apocalyptic, doom-laden. They’re also called Aus Spotten and collectively dressed in white. Hmm, tampons playing crust… If anyone can correct me otherwise, please do because I cannot make any alternative connections?
They bombarded the UK with a string of dates in 2007 and released a split 12” with Fractura (awesome neo-crust, by the way), then totally blipped off the radar. A terrible shame in my humble opinion.
Anyway, if you somehow got yer dirty mitts on the record, good on you, they deserved the support. Although their public presence remains limited at best, here’s one of two songs available on Youtube from the aforementioned split.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer