- A Loud Goodbye To Lemmy
- Terrorizer 266 – Baroness
- Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister, an appreciation
- Witchcraft stream ‘Theory Of Consequence’
- The Unguided release lyric video for ‘The Worst Day (Revisited)’
- Le Guess Who? Festival Review
- Disquiet stream ‘The Condemnation’ from new album
- Black Cobra premiere new track ‘Eye Among the Blind’
- Mammothfest 2016: Textures, Venom Inc, Black Metal stage
- Urgehal premiere ‘The Sulphur Black Haze’
Miniature history of: Aus Spotten
SECRET HISTORY OF: AUS SPOTTEN (Vienna, Austria)
Slow, deliberate crust entwined with ominous cello accompaniments; dark, apocalyptic, doom-laden. They’re also called Aus Spotten and collectively dressed in white. Hmm, tampons playing crust… If anyone can correct me otherwise, please do because I cannot make any alternative connections?
They bombarded the UK with a string of dates in 2007 and released a split 12” with Fractura (awesome neo-crust, by the way), then totally blipped off the radar. A terrible shame in my humble opinion.
Anyway, if you somehow got yer dirty mitts on the record, good on you, they deserved the support. Although their public presence remains limited at best, here’s one of two songs available on Youtube from the aforementioned split.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer