- Chthonic unveil ‘Supreme Pain For The Tyrant’ video plus Terrorizer sneak peekPosted 50 mins ago
- DragonForce at Download 2013: Awkward mosh and festival groomingPosted 17 hours ago
- Serpent Omega: Kat’s Band Of The DayPosted 23 hours ago
- Carpathian Forest announce one-off London showPosted 1 day ago
- Hellfest 2013 preview: Into the lungs of HellPosted 1 day ago
- Turisas at Download 2013: Exclusive first listen to ‘Turisas2013′Posted 2 days ago
- Rotting Christ premiere ‘Χ Ξ Σ’ video exclusively with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Melechesh live at The Joint, 16th June 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Katatonia join Paradise Lost tour and re-issue ‘Viva Emptiness’Posted 2 days ago
- Esoteric Youth stream ‘The Burden Of Living’ with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
Miniature history of: MΛKE
North Carolina’s MΛKE perform a sort of psyched out post-metal, transcendental and introspective like the pleasant onset of hallucinogenic drugs. Then, the dreaded fear kicks in and you descend into an obscure mental void, dark and ineffable. MΛKE correspond with sludgy riffs and anguished vocals, effortlessly incorporating blackened doom when the time calls.
Evolving their niche for a few years now, they’ve secured four releases thus far. Devouter Records re-released their debut LP, the excellent ‘Trephine’ in July 2012 followed by the ‘Axis’ EP later that year. Reviews in the international metal press have been positive and on stage the band performs with intensity and passion, slaying the crowds on their US east coast tour with Dragged into Sunlight.
Demonstrating their generosity too, they’ve whacked ‘Sisyphus’ on Bandcamp as a free download.
Words: Alasdair Bulmer