- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 9 hours ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 10 hours ago
- Brutal Truth announce UK show and split with Bastard NoisePosted 12 hours ago
- ‘Black Metal: Evolution Of The Cult’ available for pre-orderPosted 15 hours ago
- Paradise Lost announce 25th anniversary UK tourPosted 18 hours ago
- Sepultura career spanning documentary funded by KickstarterPosted 1 day ago
- Generation Graveyard stream ‘Lonewolves’ with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- TesseracT tour diary part II: “Witness the famous Acle ham-slap”Posted 2 days ago
- Sonne Adam live at Boston Arms, 17 May 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Wisdom Of Crowds, Nosound and Mothlite for Kscope anniversary gigsPosted 2 days ago
The Birthday Massacre announce U.S. tour
Canadian synthrock band The Birthday Massacre have announced a string of North American tour dates scheduled for the Autumn.
Originally planned for September the shows have been pushed back to October as vocalist Chibi is having surgery the month before. Sometime after their last tour the singer developed polyps on her vocal chords making it problematic to sing for prolonged periods and medication has not been succesful in curing the problem. Via the band’s Facebook page she announced “hopefully all should be well by the end of October, so it looks like our FIRST date of tour will be in Mexico, with US and Canada dates to follow.”
Support comes from William Control and Aesthetic Perfection for the majority of the tour. The first live date is the 27th October in Mexico City with a one-off support line-up of London After Midnight, LORE and Illuminate. Full live dates below.
The band are touring in support of their forthcoming album ‘Hide And Seek’ due for release on October 9th. Of the band’s fifth album frontwoman Chibi says “There is an intensity to this record that I definitely felt while we were writing and recording.At times, for me, it was a struggle. I had some very strong emotions during the time we worked on this, and it shows, I think, in my vocals – and I really love how it turned out. The lyrics also touch on some darker themes.”
The album is produced once again by Dave Olgivie (Skinny Puppy, Marilyn Manson) and TBM guitarist Rainbow and is available for pre-order.
10/27 – Vive Salon Cuervo, Mexico City -with London After Midnight, LORE and Illuminate
10/31 – Peabody’s Downunder, Cleveland, OH.
11/01 – Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL.
11/02 – Pike Room, Pontiac, MI.
11/03 – Miramar Theater, Milwaukee, WI.
11/06 – Station 4, St. Paul, MN.
11/07 – Park Theatre, Winnipeg, MB.
11/09 – The Pawn Shop, Edmonton, AB.
11/10 – Dickens Pub, Calgary, AB.
11/13 – Studio Seven, Seattle, WA.
11/14 – Hawthorne Theater, Portland. OR.
11/15 – Slim’s, San Francisco, CA.
11/16 – Glasshouse, Pomona, CA.
11/17 – Vinyl, Las Vegas, NV.
11/18 – Nile Theatre, Mesa, AZ.
11/19 – Tricky Falls, El Paso, TX.
11/20 – The Door, Dallas, TX.
11/21 – The Korova, San Antonio, TX.
11/23 – The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA.
11/24 – The State Theatre, St. Petersburg, FL.
11/25 – The Social, Orlando, FL.
11/28 – Greene Street Music Hall, Greensboro, NC.
11/29 – Empire, West Springfield, VA.
11/30 – Upstairs @ The Palladium, Worcester, MA.
12/01 – Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY.
12/02 – Theatre Of Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA.
12/05 – Les Katacombes, Montréal, PQ.
12/06 – The Mod Club Theatre, Toronto, ON.