- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 10 hours ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 11 hours ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 12 hours ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 13 hours ago
- Dragged Into Sunlight kick off UK/Ire tour: “expect nothing short of annihilation”Posted 16 hours ago
- Chthonic behind the scenes video of ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’Posted 17 hours ago
- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 1 day ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Brutal Truth announce UK show and split with Bastard NoisePosted 2 days ago
- ‘Black Metal: Evolution Of The Cult’ available for pre-orderPosted 2 days ago
Blogstock – S.O.P.H.I.E Stage, Day Two, Part Two
A few refreshments and a quick piss later, we’re back at the S.O.P.H.I.E. Stage at Bloodstock Open Air 2012 to round the evening off in stonerific style.
Even on a sunny day like this, it’s apparent that there’s always room for some doom and gloom, and Witchsorrow deliver it in spades. Masses pour into the tent for a set of towering riffs and shadowy passages that largely hit the spot.
For the second time, Costa Rica’s Sight Of Emptiness bring their rumbling death metal stylings to Bloodstock, and it would seem that they have been missed. Several rows at the front greet them as they launch into their strobe-lit double bass assault and, by the end of the set, even the skeptics who have strolled in at the back are nodding along. Their sound is not entirely innovative, but the force it is delivered with is inspiring in itself.
Stoner metal veterans Orange Goblin draw in the biggest S.O.P.H.I.E. crowd of the weekend so far, and no one is left disappointed, with the irresistible grooves of ‘The Ballad Of Solomon Eagle’ and ‘Time Travelling Blues’ ensuring sore necks in the morning. The band themselves are moved by such a reception, fire-throated frontman Ben Ward interacting with a crowd that are all too happy to oblige through one of the weekend’s top performances so far.
And so the sun goes down on another day of Bloodstock 2012. All that’s left to do now is hit the bar and catch the mighty Machine fuckin’ Head! Stay tuned for the lowdown shortly.
Words: Andy McDonald
Picture: Gobinder Jhitta