- The Obsessed live at Redwood Bar And Grill, 23 May 2013Posted 5 hours ago
- Chthonic premiere ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’ video with TerrorizerPosted 8 hours ago
- Orchid Live at The Underworld, 21 May 2013Posted 10 hours ago
- Unfathomable Ruination ‘Castigating Europe’ video tour diaryPosted 11 hours ago
- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 1 day ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 1 day ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 2 days ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
Hevy starts off by being, er, ‘eavy! Day 1 reviewed!
The Tezza Crew have decamped to Hevy for the weekend, and we’ll be bringing you front-row reports from the likes of Meshuggah, Converge, and Municipal Waste.
First up, here’s a run-down of yesterday!
1 – Desolated Destroy The Mainstage
With frontman Paul Williams pacing the stage like Randy Blythe’s angry kid brother and the centre of the crowd devolving into a whirlwind of limbs, the Southampton mob made sure their set wouldn’t be forgotten in a hurry.
2 – Blacklisters Pull Faces
As well as champion gurners, Blacklisters (pictured) are among the UK’s most exciting bands – so it’s a shame their set wasn’t too well attended. Another great showing though, even if singer Billy’s Biggie Smalls impression could use some work.
3 – Last Witness, Last Witness, Last Witness…
… Fucking great, aren’t they? Drawing one of the day’s largest and most vocal crowds, the London mob brought inflatable palm trees and a blow-up dolphin to lighten the mood, while melting faces left right and centre.
4 – Bleed From Within Celebrate In Style
Having just inked a deal with Century Media, Scottish metal titans Bleed From Within put on a ridiculously intense showing at Port Lympne. Congrats!
5 – Demoraliser Smash It
Delivering plenty of pant-messingly heavy fare, Demoraliser set about their crowd with the aural equivalent of a sledgehammer. ‘Eavy indeed.
6 – Broken Teeth Do Dentistry
Blood flowed, heads cracked, and we’re certain a few teeth hit the deck. All in an evening’s work for Manchester’s most brutal.
Words: Rob Sayce
Pic: Gobinder Jhitta