- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 10 hours ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 13 hours ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 1 day ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Dragged Into Sunlight kick off UK/Ire tour: “expect nothing short of annihilation”Posted 1 day ago
- Chthonic behind the scenes video of ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’Posted 2 days ago
- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
How to build your own massive Eddie!
One of our loyal readers helped build the gigantic Eddie that graced Iron Maiden‘s ‘The Final Frontier’ World Tour. And well, if you have enough materials and manpower, why not give it a try yourself, eh?
A sculpture is scanned and worked on digitally. The file was then sent to a company that used a cnc process to mill out the polystyrene seen in the picture above.
After sticking the differnt sections of the head together we carved and tidied it up before first painting it and then covering it in silicone. Over this we applied a number of coats of fibreglass.
After the fibreglass had cured the styrene is pulled out creating an open shell. This is pretty much as far as my involvement went with the project.
These are the fingers which were later rigged with animatronics to make them move on the stage show.
And here’s the man of the hour.
Iron Maiden are currently trekking the Maiden England tour across the US. You can read our review of their Calgary show here.