- The Obsessed live at Redwood Bar And Grill, 23 May 2013Posted 1 day ago
- Chthonic premiere ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’ video with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Orchid Live at The Underworld, 21 May 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Unfathomable Ruination ‘Castigating Europe’ video tour diaryPosted 2 days ago
- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 3 days ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 3 days ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 3 days ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
Ex-Exodus frontman Steve ‘Zetro’ Souza talks Dublin Death Patrol
WORDS: Jamie Crane
Terrorizer caught up with Steve ‘Zetro’ Souza of thrash supergroup Dublin Death Patrol to discuss their new record ‘Death Sentence’…
Hey Steve, tell us more…
“Well everybody wanted another record they really liked; it was so much fun doing the first DDP record. We wanted do another one. Everything with Double Death Patrol is just themed with death. I wrote pretty much 98% of the lyrics myself because as we started to do this Chuck started writing lyrics for Testament’s [new record], but I kind of took it upon myself to write my part and his part as well. When I write, of course, I’m always thinking of him in mind because I can’t do those low things that he does [with his voice], and he cant do the [high pitched] screams that I do, so it works very well for us.”
Where did you record it?
“It’s actually recorded in Testaments studio.”
You have seven people in the band, who’s got the biggest ego?
“[Laughs] Nobody, if anybody… yeah it’s me, they’re probably mad because of me, because I like things perfect and I’m a bitch about that. I’m the guy that says ‘I don’t want your girlfriends or your wives at practice that don’t belong there.’ I’m like that, I guess I would be guilty of [having the biggest ego], but not in a bad way, I just want it to be with the boys.”
Do you still have any contact with the guys from Exodus?
“Of course yeah, I saw Gary [Holt] play with Slayer recently [at] Mayhem Festival with Slipknot, Slayer, Motörhead, Anthrax, Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria. My 14 year old daughter loved [Asking Alexandria] to death, I’d never heard of them They were okay, they had some heavy parts, but as soon as they hit the stage, all the little girls started screaming and that can be the death of you, that’s the worst thing, because you got to remember those little girls are gonna grow up to be 18 or 19, and they are never gonna admit that they listened to you. So that could be a good or a bad thing, but I didn’t think that they were bad. They were quite entertaining and they were very good on stage, and the singer’s got a little bit of swagger to him, so I thought they did alright”.
Are you going to tour?
“It’s tough to say, you know. I hope so.”
‘Death Sentence’ is out now on Massacre.