- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 18 hours ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 21 hours ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 2 days ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Dragged Into Sunlight kick off UK/Ire tour: “expect nothing short of annihilation”Posted 2 days ago
- Chthonic behind the scenes video of ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’Posted 2 days ago
- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 3 days ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
Nile: “I think it is somehow comforting to find an artistic meaning in a glorified death”
In this month’s issue of Terrorizer, featuring coverstar Nergal, Nile frontman Karl Sanders tells us about the seventh Nile album ‘At The Gate Of Sethu’ and how he has always enjoyed writing Nile’s lyrics.
“‘Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame’ was written from a very human standpoint about a person fearful of being slowly rotten and eaten by worms, so he chooses to be immolated instead of mummified or buried,” the frontman explains.
“I think it is somehow comforting to find an artistic meaning ion a glorified death. It helps psychologically to deal with it. It is interesting to me, all those songs have on the surface Egyptian themes but I’m talking about ideas that are absolutely relevant to any person at any time.”
Pick up a copy of the new Terrorizer to read Karl talking about line-ups and Egypt, of course.