- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 13 hours ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 16 hours ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 1 day ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- Dragged Into Sunlight kick off UK/Ire tour: “expect nothing short of annihilation”Posted 2 days ago
- Chthonic behind the scenes video of ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’Posted 2 days ago
- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 2 days ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
The Morning After: BARONESS
WHERE: MANCHESTER MOHO
HOW’S THE HEAD/NECK/VOICE?: Fuzzy, stiff and red raw from bellowing out each titanic chorus.
THE VIBE: …is sweaty. Moho is packed with punters ranging from bespectacled beardy mountain men to girls in little hot pants and Atticus t-shirts all eagerly gathered together to witness what is sure to be John Baizley and co.’s last ever club tour before they explode like a supernova. Tonight feels like the beginning of a new era for Savannah, Georgia’s favourite sons.
THE RIFFS: …are absolutely monolithic! The power of Baroness’ riffage is omnipresent, the vocal work of Baizley and Peter Adams is more refined and dynamic. ‘Eula’ and ‘The Line Between’ inspire some serious crowd participation which is either testament to the strength of the material that isn’t officially released till next week or the fans’ enthusiasm for internet downloading (…and we hope it isn’t the latter). Either way, the new material shines brightly in the live arena with ‘Take My Bones Away’ gaining a rapturous response. As usual the lighting is modest and corresponds with the material being played.
THE HANGOVER: Barely registered considering the hypnotic nature of Baroness’ tunes not to mention the venue being rammed meaning that bar visits would have been like using a toothpick to steer a canoe though a swamp.
A Horse Called Golgotha
March To The Sea
Steel That Sleeps The Eye
Swollen And Halo
Take My Bones Away
The Sweetest Curse
Words: Ross Baker
Pics: Gobinder Jhitta