- The Obsessed live at Redwood Bar And Grill, 23 May 2013Posted 17 mins ago
- Chthonic premiere ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’ video with TerrorizerPosted 3 hours ago
- Orchid Live at The Underworld, 21 May 2013Posted 6 hours ago
- Unfathomable Ruination ‘Castigating Europe’ video tour diaryPosted 7 hours ago
- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 1 day ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 1 day ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 2 days ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
Through The Eyes Of A Terrorizer Intern
Every week one Terrorizer intern will be documenting their decline into mental neuroses as we badger them to do transcriptions, make all of the coffee and carry stuff around the office, just for the sake of it. Just kidding, they have fun here really.
“Day 1 – Forward Into the Breach!
I arrived at Terrorizer HQ about half an hour early, partly because I wanted to make a good impression, but mostly because Transport For London was being surprisingly reliable today. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait long before their office manager Clare let me in to the building, and happily it was all much less terrifying than I had been expecting. Hell, I thought it was going to be very much an “ignore-the-intern” state of affairs! However, to my relief, everyone was very accommodating and patient, and to top it off, the new Baroness album ‘Yellow & Green’ was playing out loud on the office stereo. The atmosphere was more Celtic Frost than frosty stares.
My first task was to read the new issue of Terrorizer (result!) and get a better feel for the layout and the style of the magazine, and familiarise myself even more with my monthly bible to extreme metal. Not a bad start, eh? After I completed this strenuous task, Miranda invited the other intern, my partner in crime for the next week, Luke and I into her office for a chit-chat (and mild interrogation), where we were quizzed on our musical upbringing, and told what we were likely to be doing over the coming week or so (including the setting of this nifty little blog). Apparently there are no “cool people” scheduled to be in this week, and I can’t believe I missed Nergal last week! Ah well, I wasn’t really expecting to run into the frontman of Behemoth anyway.
A bit later on, I was asked to write a short news article which was a very interesting little task that left me wondering about my own skills as a journalistic writer (i.e. how exactly can you cut up quotes? No idea…yet).
Aside from the writing of this here lovely blog, today held a couple of interesting asides: I took a couple of pictures; I stuffed some envelopes to ship the shiny new mag out to avid metalheads all over the world; I wrote a short review of March’s Destroyers of the Faith gig; and I’m gonna draw a little cartoon about Watain after reading the article in Terrorizer #225. Because, well, I find Watain amusing as much as I do fearsome. So, all in all, not bad for my first day at Tezza, if I do say so myself. Here’s to a good week, anyhow, eh?
See ya tomorrow. “
Words: Sam Yately