- Chthonic unveil ‘Supreme Pain For The Tyrant’ video plus Terrorizer sneak peekPosted 2 hours ago
- DragonForce at Download 2013: Awkward mosh and festival groomingPosted 18 hours ago
- Serpent Omega: Kat’s Band Of The DayPosted 1 day ago
- Carpathian Forest announce one-off London showPosted 1 day ago
- Hellfest 2013 preview: Into the lungs of HellPosted 1 day ago
- Turisas at Download 2013: Exclusive first listen to ‘Turisas2013′Posted 2 days ago
- Rotting Christ premiere ‘Χ Ξ Σ’ video exclusively with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Melechesh live at The Joint, 16th June 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Katatonia join Paradise Lost tour and re-issue ‘Viva Emptiness’Posted 2 days ago
- Esoteric Youth stream ‘The Burden Of Living’ with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
Pig Destroyer Enter The Studio
Grindcore legends Pig Destroyer have entered the studio to record their fifth full-length album and first in over five years.
The band is self-producing and recording the new album at guitarist Scott Hull’s Visceral Sound Studios in Alexandria, Virginia. The as-yet untitled album will feature 19 songs of their signature misanthropic grind and a late 2012 release is expected via Relapse Records.
This album is their first with Adam Jarvis (Misery Index) on drums, and guitarist Scott Hull is excited about this addition:
“Tracking the drums happened this week and I’m honestly amazed at how Adam stepped up to the task of learning some challenging shit outside of his standard comfort zone. He came into the studio ready to destroy and destroy he did. And in the haze of long studio hours he never settled for a bad take. He’s a real soldier. Adam has helped breathe new life into the band and we feel like we are starting fresh. Everyone here is excited for people to check out the new jams.”
Pig Destroyer play Damnation festival on November 3 in Leeds. Other tour dates and festival appearances will be announced shortly.