- The Obsessed live at Redwood Bar And Grill, 23 May 2013Posted 3 hours ago
- Chthonic premiere ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’ video with TerrorizerPosted 6 hours ago
- Orchid Live at The Underworld, 21 May 2013Posted 8 hours ago
- Unfathomable Ruination ‘Castigating Europe’ video tour diaryPosted 9 hours ago
- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 1 day ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 1 day ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 2 days ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
ISLINGTON ACADEMY, LONDON
Cancer Bats meets Bullet For My Valentine. Might not sound like a particularly exciting proposition for many Tezza readers, but AxeWound are alive and, as this debut UK set shows, kicking hard. Featuring Cancer Bats frontman Liam Cormier and Bullet’s Matt Tuck, this lot bring a respectable contingent into the Islington Academy despite their lack of material, and treat a mix of bandmates, superfans and the merely curious to some infectious, high octane and ever so slightly cheesy metal. Any band with Jason Bowld (Pitchshifter, Killing Joke) behind the kit are worth a watch and this five-piece already have some solid tunes to their name, but it all feels a little forced tonight – as is often the case in the early days of such team-ups.
Though it remains to be seen whether they’ll have much appeal beyond their members’ respective fanbases, there are hints that this could become more than (if you read between the lines) a way for the BFMV frontman to let off some creative steam, particularly with the likeable and charismatic Cormier on board: they approach tonight’s not-entirely-full room like it’s Wembley and build a good rapport with their crowd. A decent beginning, rather than an explosive one.
Words: Rob Sayce