- Serpent Omega: Kat’s Band Of The DayPosted 2 hours ago
- Carpathian Forest announce one-off London showPosted 3 hours ago
- Hellfest 2013 preview: Into the lungs of HellPosted 4 hours ago
- Turisas at Download 2013: Exclusive first listen to ‘Turisas2013′Posted 21 hours ago
- Rotting Christ premiere ‘Χ Ξ Σ’ video exclusively with TerrorizerPosted 22 hours ago
- Melechesh live at The Joint, 16th June 2013Posted 1 day ago
- Katatonia join Paradise Lost tour and re-issue ‘Viva Emptiness’Posted 1 day ago
- Esoteric Youth stream ‘The Burden Of Living’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Download WTF?! – Day Three at Download Festival 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Download Festival 2013 – Day Two In PicturesPosted 3 days ago
Terrorizer Does Hellfest! Day 3: Good Afternoon!
Good afternoon! A very warm welcome from Clisson.
It’s day three of Hellfest, we’re sunburnt and exhausted but there’s plenty of killer bands on today to perk us right back up.
We had another 2am finish but it was well worth it, we caught Behemoth’s fiery return, Refused kicked all kinds of ass, The Devil’s Blood were mindblowing and Entombed brought the thunder.
After our hill climb from Clisson station to the Hellfest site this morning, we’re in need to some serious metal and luckily there’s a whole host of great bands to cure our thirst. We’re particularly looking forward to grinding with Brutal Truth, slamming with Dying Fetus, marvelling at Ihsahn, setting it off with Madball and being pummelled by the power of Sunn O))).
But before all of that, here’s a few things we learnt from day two at Hellfest:
1. Machine Head topped the bill on Main Stage 2 last night, and quite frankly, they could of headlined the whole festival. It was a powerful setlist, showing off just how good a live band Machine Head actually are; Robb Flynn had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Bloodstock beware, Machine Head are coming to destroy!
2. Refused’s return to Hellfest was something truly magical. The band semed humbled to be headlining the Warzone stage, especially considering Hellfest’s hardcore past, and delivered a true headliners set. The Swedish mob showed us the shape of punk to come, culminating with a powerful rendition of ‘New Noise’.
3. Behemoth playing the Temple stage was spectacular. The Polish black metallers took to the stage in true fiery fashion, opening with ‘Ov Fire And The Void’ the Poles almost brought the tent down with the amount of pyro they hand to hand.
4. What’s great about the Valley stage is that the headliners bring a compoletely different vibe to Hellfest, as we found out once again when we caught The Devil’s Blood. The Satanic sextet played a set that Satan himself would approve of. Their coven certainly gained a heap of new members tonight.
5. We were also very surprised to learn that Axl Rose does in fact own a watch, of some sort, as Guns N Roses were actually on time! Granted their set time was from 23.15 – 02.00.
Right, we’re off to check out Brutal Truth and Walls Of Jericho, laters!