- The Obsessed live at Redwood Bar And Grill, 23 May 2013Posted 1 day ago
- Chthonic premiere ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’ video with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Orchid Live at The Underworld, 21 May 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Unfathomable Ruination ‘Castigating Europe’ video tour diaryPosted 2 days ago
- Evile’s Ben Carter – Ultimate Festival Mixtape (Terrorizer Takeover)Posted 3 days ago
- Evile drummer takes over Terrorizer’s social media for the dayPosted 3 days ago
- Integrity stream ‘Suicide Black Snake’ with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
- Downpresser stream ‘Don’t Need A Reason’ with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
- Terrorizer presents… The Devil’s Music is out NOW!Posted 3 days ago
- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 3 days ago
Band Of The Day: Flayed Disciple
NAME: Flayed Disciple
THEY ARE: Thrash/death metal
FROM: Taunton. UK
FOR FANS OF: Cannibal Corpse, Megadeth, Testament
UPCOMING RELEASE: ‘Death Hammer’
SONGS TO CHECK OUT: ‘The Shrine of Dahmer, ‘Torsofucked’, ‘Ejaculate While Killing’
The UK’s own Flayed Disciple are set to unleash their rather bloodthirsty debut album ‘Death Hammer’. After two sucessful EP releases, their full length album sees them taking to new levels of sonic savagery. Produced by Chris Fielding and recorded at the Foel Studio in Wales, ‘Death Hammer’ offers headbanging grooves and thrashing madness in equal messure. We had a chat with them to get the low-down on what the new album has in store…
What can people expect from ‘Death Hammer’?
“Classic heavy metal really. I don’t really know how to explain it to people, we take elements from every metal genre there is. We don’t classify ourselves, everytime we do people say, ‘Oh, not sure if you’re that’. It’s just heavy metal and it’s fast and a bit nasty.”
You’ve recently shot a video for ‘The Shrine of Dahmer’. Why did you pick this song?
“It was the one that from the beginning we all thought was a really cool song that showed all elements of our style. Every track on the album are really quite different from each other, some songs sound really thrash, some sound really death, some quite grindy. We thought this one was like an all-in-one I suppose; it’s the most aggressive and nastiest as well, so we wanted that to be our first video. It was the best track to show off the album.”
Is there a concept behind the video?
“Yeah, it’s about Jeffrey Dahmer, a well-known serial killer. It has a bit about him in the beginning then you get a good idea of what he did once the video has finished.”
What can you tell us about ‘Steve’, your new mascot?
“Well he’s not new, it’s something Phil drew up probably before we even played a gig. He’s really into art and drawing, quite horrible things, and he drew this horrible zombie person. We called it Steve becaue we were drunk and thought it was funny.”
Words: Joseph McDonagh