- Sepultura career spanning documentary funded by KickstarterPosted 8 hours ago
- Generation Graveyard stream ‘Lonewolves’ with TerrorizerPosted 9 hours ago
- TesseracT tour diary part II: “Witness the famous Acle ham-slap”Posted 11 hours ago
- Sonne Adam live at Boston Arms, 17 May 2013Posted 14 hours ago
- Wisdom Of Crowds, Nosound and Mothlite for Kscope anniversary gigsPosted 16 hours ago
- Chthonic release teaser for ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’ videoPosted 3 days ago
- Brew records to call it a dayPosted 4 days ago
- Moss and Purson live at The Underworld, 15 May 2013Posted 4 days ago
- Battle Beast ‘Battle Beast’ stream and album reviewPosted 4 days ago
- Dio Day – Dio by John Consterdine: “I studied the cover of ‘Holy Diver’ for hours”Posted 4 days ago
GWAR cancel European tour
Space monsters GWAR have been forced to cancel their European tour.
The thrashing aliens were due to play across the UK and Ireland in January despite the recent death of Corey Smoot from a heart attack, the guitarist who played Flattus Maximus. But now, apparently due to poor ticket sales, the band have been forced to cancel their dates.
The band said in a statement on their Facebook page:
“GWAR’s 2011 European tour has been cancelled. Ticket sales were slow so promoters started pulling the plug on shows. Finally we had so many blow-outs that we had no choice but to cancel the whole thing. We can’t afford to pay to play Europe, after all we aren’t fucking tourists! But we are extremely disappointed this happened and very sorry for our fans over there, especially in light of recent events. I know everybody over there wanted to say goodbye to Flattus in a way that a only a GWAR show could provide, and we were really looking forward to sharing that with you guys.
“Hopefully all tickets will be refunded (plz let us know if they are not). Again we are really sorry this happened, but there was nothing we could do. Very, very bummed… but GWAR still lives, and will return to reap a bloody vengeance too terrible to comprehend.”