- Turisas at Download 2013: Exclusive first listen to ‘Turisas2013′Posted 17 hours ago
- Rotting Christ premiere ‘Χ Ξ Σ’ video exclusively with TerrorizerPosted 18 hours ago
- Melechesh live at The Joint, 16th June 2013Posted 22 hours ago
- Katatonia join Paradise Lost tour and re-issue ‘Viva Emptiness’Posted 1 day ago
- Esoteric Youth stream ‘The Burden Of Living’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
- Download WTF?! – Day Three at Download Festival 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Download Festival 2013 – Day Two In PicturesPosted 3 days ago
- Download WTF?! – Day Two & Three at Download Festival 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Download WTF?! – Day Two at Download Festival 2013Posted 4 days ago
- Download Festival 2013 – Day One In PicturesPosted 4 days ago
Spires tour blog #1: In the beginning…
Rising British progressive metallers Spires are a band we’re rather fond of here at Terrorizer, so when we heard they were heading out on tour, we asked if they could do a blog from every leg to let you know what it’s like touring as a new band in 2011. This is part one, where they tell us what they’ve got coming up, and only owning one pair of jeans. Stay tuned for part #2 later today!
Gigs played: 0
Miles traveled: 0
Soil samples taken: 12
Well, it’s currently half past midnight in the morning and I’m currently dividing my time between fussing over what experiences and amusing anecdotes can be written about a tour that hasn’t even started yet, and wondering why I only seem to possess one pair of jeans.
Tomorrow heralds the first day of our UK tour with fellow Mancunians Incassum, and I think we’re as ready as we’ll ever be. Rest assured that although this is only a short 8 date affair I’ll be writing as if it’s a 200 date Flight 666 style world tour, albeit in a hired tranny (van, for god’s sake) and a 10 year old Fiesta rather than a Boeing 757. We’ll be hitting Newcastle tomorrow (Thursday), followed by Bradford, Hull and Grimsby the following days before a short break before the second leg. Grimsby in particular is somewhere we’ve never even dreamed we’d play, but it just goes to show where a lot of passion and hard work can get you.
Anyway, I’ll be updating this every night after the show, and linking to some video footage and pics of the shows / general forced silliness, so keep your eyes peeled for more.
Bye for now…
Paul & Spires
Spires have the following dates remaining on their tour:
November 25 – Bradford Rios
November 26 – Hull Ringside
November 27 – Grimsby Yardbirds
November 30 – Kingston Peel
December 1 – Reading Face Bar
December 2 – Derby Old Bell
December 4 – Manchester Moho