- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 55 mins ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 2 hours ago
- Brutal Truth announce UK show and split with Bastard NoisePosted 4 hours ago
- ‘Black Metal: Evolution Of The Cult’ available for pre-orderPosted 7 hours ago
- Paradise Lost announce 25th anniversary UK tourPosted 9 hours ago
- Sepultura career spanning documentary funded by KickstarterPosted 1 day ago
- Generation Graveyard stream ‘Lonewolves’ with TerrorizerPosted 1 day ago
- TesseracT tour diary part II: “Witness the famous Acle ham-slap”Posted 1 day ago
- Sonne Adam live at Boston Arms, 17 May 2013Posted 1 day ago
- Wisdom Of Crowds, Nosound and Mothlite for Kscope anniversary gigsPosted 1 day ago
Daily round-up: Napalm Death, Sylosis, Pentagram and Cormorant
The news in brief from the world of Terrorizer, featuring Napalm Death, Sylosis, Pentagram and Cormorant.
Grind gods Napalm Death have revealed they have resigned to Century Media. The pioneers finished recording their latest record at Parlour Studios with Russ Russell earlier this year, so hopefully we may see this released before too long. After the superlative ‘Time Waits For No Slave’, this can’t come soon enough.
Josh Middleton and Alex Bailey of British maestros Sylosis, who are all set to shred the face off the UK with Malefice, Anterior and Chapters kicking off their tour this Wednesday in Bristol, are to host a guitar masterclass at the O2 in October. The Kramer Guitar Metal Masterclass, which takes place on Saturday 8th, is part of the British Music Experience and will see the facemelting guitarists playing and answering questions. Tickets are available here.
Doomlords Pentagram have been added to the 70,000 Tons Of Metal cruise, joining the likes of Cannibal Corpse and Stratovarius to bring metal to the high seas of the Caribbean for four days, starting January 27 in Miami.
And finally, the amazing Cormorant are making their debut EP ‘The Last Tree’ and first astonishing full-length ‘Metazoa‘ available for free download via their bandcamp as a “thank you” to their fans who have supported them thus far, as they prepare to release second album ‘Dwellings’. If you missed them when they first came out, be sure to check out one of the Bay Area’s best-kept secrets. Don’t let them go the same way as the already much missed Ludicra through lack of support.
Meanwhile in the Terrorizer office today, withering glares were shot in the direction of regular stereo hog (his official title) Tom tried putting on the latest Symphony X. Despite it being bloody excellent, he was forced to rapidly put on Marduk to avoid a major falling out. On the plus side, he put on Marduk, who obviously rule.