- Lesbian stream ‘Forestelevision’ part two with TerrorizerPosted 29 mins ago
- Dragged Into Sunlight kick off UK/Ire tour: “expect nothing short of annihilation”Posted 3 hours ago
- Chthonic behind the scenes video of ‘Sail Into The Sunset’s Fire’Posted 5 hours ago
- At The Gates announced for Newcastle’s Northern Darkness FestivalPosted 21 hours ago
- Boysetsfire premiere ‘Closure’ video with TerrorizerPosted 22 hours ago
- Brutal Truth announce UK show and split with Bastard NoisePosted 24 hours ago
- ‘Black Metal: Evolution Of The Cult’ available for pre-orderPosted 1 day ago
- Paradise Lost announce 25th anniversary UK tourPosted 1 day ago
- Sepultura career spanning documentary funded by KickstarterPosted 2 days ago
- Generation Graveyard stream ‘Lonewolves’ with TerrorizerPosted 2 days ago
Dominion gets ready for Europe’s biggest goth festival
Alien Sex Fiend, Moonspell, Nurse With Wound and In Strict Confidence are among the bands performing at this year’s Wave Gotik Treffen event in Leipzig, Germany and we can’t wait! With 162 artists already confirmed and more to be announced over the coming months, it looks like it’s going to be another good one.
For those who don’t know, WGT is an annual festival that takes place over Whitsun weekend in the East German city. It’s spread out across the entire area with around 40 different venues hosting events from the obligatory bands and clubs through to more cultural events like film, classical recitals and even operas. There isn’t any other event that can possibly match it not for size nor for the sheer variety of acts that take part. You’re talking about 20,000 goths from around the world all flocking to one city, it’s pretty crazy! What’s more travelling by tram around the area is included in the ticket price for the duration of the festival.
This year, there are special treats in store with Brendan Perry – aka one half of the spectacular Dead Can Dance – and Christ Vs. Warhol, featuring Scarlet’s Remains’ talented former frontwoman Eve Ghost, down to perform as part of the event. We’re also particularly excited to see Dominion 2 cover stars Faith & the Muse and rising British new wavers Luxury Stranger also in the line-up.
For those in search of something different, the festival organisers are giving you the chance to take in the more cultured surrounds of Wagner and Mozart – the latter is reported to be taking place in the crypt of the Völkerschlachtdenkmal (Europe’s biggest monument). Entry to the huge art museum (Bildermuseum) is free for WGT-guests and are even some ballets taking place at Leipzig’s Opera house – now what other gothic festival brings you that kind of entertainment?
And if you’re seriously hardcore, you can take part in the daily “Absinthe Breakfast” at the Sixtina. There are around 80 different types of the concoction to try and it’s apparently quite an experience! But whatever you do, don’t miss the working pagan village, which is round the back of the main Agra campsite – with authentic food and drinking horns a-plenty, it’s a perfect retreat when the weather is fine.
Dominion will be bringing you coverage of this year’s Wave Gotik Treffen, which takes place in Leipzig from 21st to 24th May, 2010. In the meantime, you can find out more and buy tickets at: